Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving over rough surfaces my Mk2 has an annoying rattle from the front

Can't trace whats loose.

Fitted new shocks & new lower suspension arms, still no joy.

Could it be the front crossmember bushes?
If so how easy are they to swap?

cheers

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I have the same problem from the front left on mine!

Geo told me that one of the bolts on his subframe had come loose and he only copped it because he took out the frame!

I'll be takin mine out too soon enough thats why i never followed it up!

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
713 Posts
did you change suspension recently?? Could the top strut nut have come loose or the one underneath with the 2 slots in it?? Had a rattle in the front of mine last year, turned out to be that, Just took the coilovers out and checked everything and it was gone when they went back in.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
could it be the brake calipers? My Jetta ones used to rattle something terible going slow in poorly surfaced towns...the springs that are supposed to stop the rattle broke up and fell out! Try driving slowly and "riding" the brake slightly and see if the noise stops.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
it could be that one of the wishbone busings were replaced and the collapsable insert was never fitted, i had that problem and it took a while to figure out

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (RedLexus @ Feb 14 2006, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>could it be the brake calipers? My Jetta ones used to rattle something terible going slow in poorly surfaced towns...the springs that are supposed to stop the rattle broke up and fell out! Try driving slowly and "riding" the brake slightly and see if the noise stops.

Tried this today and my rattle went away
thanks

I have some spare spring/clips will fit them at the weekend & hopefully it will be that simple

cheers for the replies

1 - 9 of 9 Posts