Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toying with a number of ideas at the mo. and went to look for the price of a new Golf R32. It's not shown as a model on www.volkswagen.ie ? I presume I can get one here?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Last I heard they would be available here alright, try ringing a dealer and let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (thos @ Mar 9 2006, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Last I heard they would be available here alright, try ringing a dealer and let us know how you get on.

Yes, got an answer from VW this morning - available from July. They will be announcing prices nearer the time.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (Trevor @ Mar 9 2006, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>55K i'd say.

I know its an R32, but that is feckin crazy money

·
Registered
304 Posts
QUOTE (PD150 @ Mar 10 2006, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know its an R32, but that is feckin crazy money

You are absolutely correct. It is an insane amount of money to spend on a car in this country. Even if it is because of taxes. It's very hard to justify.

·
Registered
432 Posts
€55k is ludacrious! Taxes aside, the GTi is 'only' +- 37k - surely the R32 isn't worth 18k-odd more. (And I thought 37k was a lot for the GTI!!).

I see the European Commissioner says Ireland needs to scrap the VRT in the next '5-10' years. A bit vague imo.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
QUOTE I'm looking at this for this missus, versus a Touareg.
lucky women,

55K is mad money for the R32, ide be going for the GTI myself

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Well if you like the car and you want it bad enough then you'll pay whatever you have to pay for it...Whether it's worth it or not in terms of how overpriced it is. There isn't a single car in this country which ISN'T overpriced due to VRT.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
QUOTE I was driving a GTi today worth 40k plus. Lovely car but not worth the money IMO.

especially when you could get a focus ST or astra sport hatch SRI and still have money left over to tax and insure it and put some juice in it.

*runs for cover*

1 - 20 of 26 Posts