Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sizes in width do the azevs come in? Has anyone tried them on a mk3 and if so how do they fit and do they catch when turning?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know, if one was to use 17x7.5's all round would it be rubbin/catching on either the front or rear? Cheers

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
QUOTE (poloGTjd @ Apr 21 2011, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know, if one was to use 17x7.5's all round would it be rubbin/catching on either the front or rear? Cheers

the only way to find out is to fit them It depends on the offset aswell. Sure get some and if they dont fit ......make them fit
. They do look tasty

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers lads. There is 7j x 15 azevs on it since i got it but they are way too small. Think the mind is made up now though. At the moment i need a step ladder to get into it
VRT paid (which is all changed now) coilovers along with the azevs and i'll be sorted.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
The above golf looks serious!

If I were you, I'd try to get 17x7.5j fronts and 8j on the rear

you may need to roll your arches and use streched tyres but it would be worth it!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd say the wheels above are 8j on the back, judging by the dish, and probably 7.5's on the front. And given this will be my dialy I need it to be fairly comfortable, with little to no rubbing. And i'm on a very strict budget.

I've never had arches rolled before, does it cause rust? The mk3 golfs are said to be a bitch for rust and at the moment shes in excellent condition, and i dont want that changed. Is arch rolling expensive?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
QUOTE (poloGTjd @ Apr 23 2011, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd say the wheels above are 8j on the back, judging by the dish, and probably 7.5's on the front. And given this will be my dialy I need it to be fairly comfortable, with little to no rubbing. And i'm on a very strict budget.

I've never had arches rolled before, does it cause rust? The mk3 golfs are said to be a bitch for rust and at the moment shes in excellent condition, and i dont want that changed. Is arch rolling expensive?
Not expensive and it can be treated so rust wont be a problem

not too expensive either. Do it!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok then.., azevs, coilovers, gti trimings. Think i'll chance the 17x7.5j on front, 17x8j on rear.

Here is a fairly poor picture of the car in question..

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.