Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Garda speedcheck near Leopardstown racecourse.

2 Guards in a marked jeep.

In peoples' experience is this an intercept speed check or not?

A friend claims he was doing about 55-60kmph but wasn't stopped. Could he be done without being stopped there.

MarkN, I think I remember you mentioning this spot before.

Henry

·
Registered
74 Posts
Unless its a Gatso (ie Stationary Camera like ie M50/N4 or the Transits with the mobile gatso in them) you have to be stopped and given a ticket.

·
Registered
969 Posts
QUOTE (Rapidude @ Mar 13 2006, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Unless its a Gatso (ie Stationary Camera like ie M50/N4 or the Transits with the mobile gatso in them) you have to be stopped and given a ticket.
I heard this before too. They have to stop you before you can get done if they don't have a camera. The one on the tripod will get your picture so they don't have to stop you to posecute.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Where on the M50 are the stationary cameras??

Im new to Dublin so if there are any other notorious spots I should watch let me know!!! I often see them on the Long Mile Road. If I got caught speeding on a main road it wouldn't sicken me half as much as it would if I was caught doing 60 kmph in a 50 kmph zone!!!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Just on this topic also, I know it has been asked before, but the fixed gatso cameras can they only catch you on the side of the road with the markings or not?

I was going by the gatso on the N2 on the other side of the road and it flashed, there was no car on the other side of the road with the markings

·
It&#39;s Michael for fecks sake&#33;
1,779 Posts
You have to be on the markings as the lines are there to measure the distance you have travelled in a set time.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (Micky 32 @ Mar 14 2006, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You have to be on the markings as the lines are there to measure the distance you have travelled in a set time.

I thought that aswell, but why did it flash when I flew by on the other side of the road

·
Registered
380,004 Posts
dont know. but there is no point worring about it. it could take up to three months to know if you were caught.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (nightcrawler @ Mar 14 2006, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dont know. but there is no point worring about it. it could take up to three months to know if you were caught.

I'm not,because I was on the other side of the road, but just wondering how it can go off when I'm on the opposite side of thew road

·
Registered
347 Posts
cops can get a pic if they have the camera on a tripod, if its the hairdryer out the window they have to stop you.

You will know if you've been flashed by them box gatsos the flash is very obvious

1 - 10 of 10 Posts