Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey lads
just wondering whats ye're opinions on a 1.8kr corrado.
are they a good car, what sort of mpg do they do and with me being 19 would it be hard get insured on it under my name.
Got offered this one in a swap does anyone know it?
Coraddo 1.8kr

any information will be helpful lads dont know much about corrados
Thanks

·
Registered
574 Posts
QUOTE (veedub91 @ Apr 29 2011, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey lads
just wondering whats ye're opinions on a 1.8kr corrado.
are they a good car, what sort of mpg do they do and with me being 19 would it be hard get insured on it under my name.
Got offered this one in a swap does anyone know it?
Coraddo 1.8kr

any information will be helpful lads dont know much about corrados
Thanks

why dont you ring your insurance company and ask them about the insurance cost

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
If it's a car you don't know too much about then i would advise agains running one as a daily. They do have their issues over time and require minding unless it is a enthusiast owned or mint example. The KR's are a good engine, not much maintenance on them at all once you get a good one.
That doesn't seem like a bad one, id be interested to see what "work" was done to the car. Orange hose pipe running from the expansion tank looks a bit suspect.
If you're going to look at it, look for rust under the sills, in the arches and when the spoiler is raised (where the number plate light is). Check all your electrics too!

MPG wise, expect anything from 25-35mpg depending on how well the engine is running. Mines running about 33mpg, which isn't cheap driving at todays prices. Plus tax wouldn't be the cheapest either

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.