Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Skoda - Simply Clever
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard on the radio last night that people living near on on the route of the Queens trip will be interviewed by the Garda and have to provide information. Without going into any political or other opinions on the visit. Just wondering has anyone done this or been approached yet?

I work in Baldonnell Industrial Estate and we got this email from admin today, we can see the airbase from the roof of our building but we are far enough away so I was a bit surprised:

Hi All,

The Queen is visiting Ireland in May and she will be arriving in Baldonnell.

There will be limited access to Baldonnell and the Garda have requested the following information for anyone working in or visiting the area from 16th May to 20th May inclusive:

I need to supply the following information for all employees and visitors:

Name:
Date of Birth:
Home Address:
Mobile Phone:
Vehicle Details: Colour
Make
Model
Reg

If you are aware of anyone visiting us during this week please let me know as we will need to supply their details also.

Garda have strictly specified that if your name is not on the list - you will not gain entry into Baldonnell.

Please don't be alarmed with the volume of extra guards/army etc in the area or even on rooftops, security will be very tight this week - your car will probably be searched each day too.

If you could have this information to me by Close of Business today or first thing in the morning I'd appreciate it, as the Garda will be calling back into Baldonnell to collect this information. (This information will be kept strictly confidential and discarded after the Queens visit).

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had to give the same info a good few years ago when good old George W Bush was in town at the time i was working in dromoland castle where he was staying and the roads were closed for about a mile before the entance to the hotel and I was patted down 4 times everyday before getting into work it was a pain!

Security was tight but some photographer still managed to snap a pic of him through the window of his room in his jocks!

Damn ninja snappers

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I used to work in The Europe Hotel in Killarney, they had an EU agri ministers conference down there for a weekend, after giving our details, half the staff were told not to bother coming to work, no reason given! Id love to get my hands on one of the A8's they had, an army guy showed us inside one, I havent seen a car with so much gadgetry since. They were left hand drive though so no chance theyre still around.

Id imagine if you refuse, you'll be sitting the day out at home.

·
Registered
313 Posts
QUOTE (Oisin @ Apr 27 2011, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I used to work in The Europe Hotel in Killarney, they had an EU agri ministers conference down there for a weekend, after giving our details, half the staff were told not to bother coming to work, no reason given! Id love to get my hands on one of the A8's they had, an army guy showed us inside one, I havent seen a car with so much gadgetry since. They were left hand drive though so no chance theyre still around.

Id imagine if you refuse, you'll be sitting the day out at home.

Its not people living in the area being questioned??

·
Vaginadrivers.net
2,417 Posts
QUOTE (audijohnballyer @ Apr 27 2011, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can you refuse to co operate?

I'm sure you can. But I'm also sure they'll see that as a threat and tear your house apart and keep you locked up for the duration of the visit!

·
&#39;Black Balled&#39; member
5,500 Posts
If you are aware of anyone visiting us during this week please let me know as we will need to supply their details also

"Yeah, I think her fella -Phil' is comin too, hes about 90 ish; the auld fella has some 'oldschool views' bit of a racist some say...
here some of his cuttin one liners when hes been on hol's wit 'Lizzie' in the past...;

1. China State Visit, 1986

If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed.

2. To a blind women with a guide

"Do you know they have eating dogs for the anorexic now?"

3. To an Aborigine in Australia

"Do you still throw spears at each other?"

4. To his wife, the Queen, after her coronation

"Where did you get the hat?"

5. When asked if he would like to visit the Soviet Union

"The bastards murdered half my family"

6. To a Briton in Budapest

"You can't have been here that long - you haven't got a pot belly."

7. To a driving instructor in Scotland

"How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?"

8. After the Dunblane shooting

"If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?"

9. To a student who had been trekking in Papua New Guinea

"You managed not to get eaten, then?"

10. To Elton John after hearing Elton had sold his Gold Aston Martin

"Oh, it's you that owns that ghastly car - we often see it when driving to Windsor Castle."

11. On the London Traffic Debate

"The problem with London is the tourists. They cause the congestion. If we could just stop tourism, we could stop the congestion."

12. To the President of Nigeria, dressed in traditional robes

"You look like you're ready for bed!"

13. Unknown

"If you see a man opening a car door for a woman, it means one of two things: it's either a new woman or a new car!"

14. On key problems facing Brazil

"Brazilians live there"

15. To the matron of a hospital in the Caribbean

"You have mosquitos. I have the Press

...oh and she might have her dags wit her, garda, short stumpy legs on them -they're meant to be like that tho; cause they are pedigree, not 'interbred', the dags, it is Im talking about..."

·
Registered
717 Posts
Please don't be alarmed with the volume of extra guards/army etc in the area or even on rooftops, security will be very tight this week - your car will probably be searched each day too.

example don't be worrying about the ERU lad with a .338 lapeaur crossed on your ugly mug haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.