Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this car in november 2009'
Orignal irish mkiv golf v6 4motion.It had heated leather seats ,sunroof,stereo cd player, 17" OZ alloys and and the great v6 engine.The milage was at a mere 65000 miles and had a full service history and 2 year nct cert.Drove it until feb of 2010 and decided to go down a different road and started to take it apart.Got hold of the famous S3 here on the site that had an apy engine in it and did a full conversion from v6 4wheel drive to 20v turbo 4 wheel drive.Took pic's of conversion and the lost camera and computer fucked up and i lost most of the conversion photo's.I have just started more work on the car and here is an update till now with pic's to follow of all the new work.

Work to date on the SLOWMOTION.

Full APY 20v turbo engine conversion,
new timming belts,
new water pump,
new clutch,
new oil pump,
new hitichi coil's,
new uprated plug's,
cupra twin intercoolers,
new nuespeed 180 degree thermostat,
new 4 Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator,
new uprated N75 Frequency Valve,
new ECS Magnetic Drain Plug,
new forge quick shift kit,
new forge diverter valve,
new K&N high flow filter,
new engine pullies,
new engine covers,
new water and washer bottles,
new battrey cover,
new pipe work from turbo to intake,
new disks and pads all round,
new H&R coilovers,
new full miltek decat and Non-resonated exhaust system,
new BBS RC's,
new anniversary kit,
new mk5 rear wiper,
new front mk4 aero wiper kit,
audi s3 leather interior,
bora vent conversion,
awesome vent pod gauge holder,
new south boost gauge,
new r32 steering wheel,
new kenwood touch screen double din dvd system,
lupo wing mirror conversion,
full custom map (big thanks to JOE POWER)
There is loods more just can't think of them at the moment.

Have a pic of the car from feb before we started the conversion and just after getting the new rc's fitted.

and a few i found on another camera,

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
Only you Kildare culchies could strap a car down like that

You know my thoughts on this car Steven,i love it.although i still maintain you should have just Turbo'd the V6.

The conversion on this is factory a real credit to Phil,he has a knack of squeezing 1.8Ts into things.

·
John - Friends with girls who live on Draycott rd&
3,429 Posts
looking forward to this....

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I was down in the body shop yesterday evening and forgot the camera ,the boot ,2 doors and bonnet have been removed and the new bumpers ,trims and skirts were all ready to be base coated today.New front bumper moulding with the running lights had been cut and rewelded to suit the bumper with the number plate indentation in place.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Thats a very very nice motor.

Is it staying silver??.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (mark_eire @ Jul 5 2011, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's going to be some job when it's finished, seen it a few weeks back all stripped out.
Can't wait to see it done stephen.
Thanks Mark

QUOTE (Shane @ Jul 5 2011, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Only you Kildare culchies could strap a car down like that

You know my thoughts on this car Steven,i love it.although i still maintain you should have just Turbo'd the V6.

The conversion on this is factory a real credit to Phil,he has a knack of squeezing 1.8Ts into things.
Shane ill give Phil 50% of the credit as he was a big help in the conversion.(Have to give myself some as this was a joint venture).

QUOTE (oWesleyo @ Jul 5 2011, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a great car, Love it
Credit to you steven
Thanks Wesley

QUOTE (draycottgirlz @ Jul 5 2011, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>looking forward to this....
Thanks John

QUOTE (DonalM @ Jul 6 2011, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats a very very nice motor.

Is it staying silver??.
Thanks Donal.It is staying silver,it's getting a complete respray all glass out everything stripped and sprayed sepretely.All doors bonnet boot completely rapped in new paint and the shel painted right into the floor.

QUOTE (MINIVINNIE @ Jul 6 2011, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well before he askes..they are not for sale

Found those wheels in the yard some one left them there.Finders keepers and all that!!!!

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
QUOTE (STEVEN T @ Jul 6 2011, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Shane ill give Phil 50% of the credit as he was a big help in the conversion.(Have to give myself some as this was a joint venture).

Thats not what he said!
Only joking,sorry Steven didn't mean it to read like i was giving Phil full credit.

1 - 20 of 351 Posts