Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
It's Michael for fecks sake!
1,779 Posts
So far i have fitted a full Milltek system. The downpipe does away with one of the cats so restriction is less so gives more potential when tuning. I'm also running a map from Joe at chipped Ireland.

I managed to source a couple of slightly used items. I got a Autotech uprated fuel pump and a nuespeed intercooler hose quite cheap
. I also have just ordered a Evom's air intake system.

Fitting a Forge twintercooler also.

When all is done Joe will then tweak the mapping to suit the mods so the final result on Westwards rollers should be interesting.

Other cars with these mods have reached 280bhp, but we will see....

I also have a Forge diverter valve but haven't fitted it yet. I'm going to wait until the OEM goes pop. Mine is a G version which is supposed to be stronger and gives less problems.

·
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a whole lot, about 13k miles

·
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A couple more mods came in the post this morning. The autotech fuel pump internals and a Nuespeed intercooler hose.

The forge twintercooler is arriving Monday so all will be fitted next Thursday. I have to wait until mid October for the EVOM's intake

·
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah getting there. Since the miltek is fitted and Joe tweaking the map my 60-100mph is down to 6.5 seconds.

·
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (zero_tolerance @ Sep 26 2008, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>fair play,where are you getting your parts? ebay?

The pump and Nuespeed pipe came from a member off another forum that was selling his car so was selling the mods, got them half price
The forge twintercooler is new from Forge through JKM in the UK.

·
It&#39;s Michael for fecks sake&#33;
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The forge twintercooler arrived today, good quality kit. Should be fitting all Thursday.

·
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wanted to add that when i just had a remapp and standard exhaust i used E5 petrol and i didn't really notice a difference. Since i fitted the Miltek turbo back exhaust and Joe tweaked the map for the exhaust E5 now makes a noticable difference, it seems to like bolt on mods. I have noticed my xenons adjust down more when i floor the car as the back sits down when i accelerate

·
1,779 Posts
Well i got Autotech uprated fuel pump fitted today, easy enough job once you have all the right tools. I haven't fully tested it yet but torque around the 2k and 4k rpm range has definately increased. It's looking good. Still waiting for the Evoms air intake

Those E5 fumes
don't half sting the eye's

·
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At last i have received the EVOM's air intake and fitted it. The intake and uprated fuel pump have made a huge difference to power and torque and the map hasn't even been tweaked yet, it's a road rocket, very quick. 60-100mph is down to 6 secs dead that's M3 territory

The engine cover needs to be modded to fit with the EVOM's. What are opinions, does it look better with or without engine cover?

·
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (Declan @ Oct 24 2008, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cool !

Is the twintercooler on yet ?

I'd say mod the cover and keep it all nice and tidy IMO

You're probably right about the cover. No, the twintercooler goes on tomorrow.

·
1,779 Posts
The last of the hardware mods now fitted. The Forge Twintercooler as can be seen behind the grill:

Joe from Chipped Ireland tweaked the map to suit the mods and the car goes like shat off a shovel
. It's like being remapped again compared to a stage 1 map
and still did a 38mpg run to Dublin yesterday.

It's now ready for a RR run.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.