Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
well lads,

its about time i got this started, so here goes... its a 89 3dr mk2 golf gti 16v in black ,

i bought this mk2 about 3wks ago, i travelled to crolly in donegal to view the car. after talking to the owner about the history and viewing all the cars documents, i can confirm the milage is 89,466 and its genuine with vw confirmation documents and full service history.

so the plans are as follows: just restore her back to original spec and tidy up front and rear suspension and at a later stage get the paint sorted...

so work will start off slow as the car is in the brothers house an hr away.
but will do full service and belt this coming wkend and i have heaps off goodies already
, pictures will follow as i progress.

Enjoy, Matt

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (oWesleyo @ May 16 2010, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tidy, it hardly needs much to have it 100%

with photobucket use the bottom code, The IMG code
and the pictures will show on your thread

Ah good man thanks,

its been driving me up the wall. think ill give it another shot tomorrow..

it doesnt need much to have it 100%, but it got painted a few yrs back at its not as good as it could be.

bit of wet sanding might be enough to sort it out.. hopefully...

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well here is a bit of some of the goodies ive collected,

picked these beauts up last october, and kept them under wraps..

so look good i reackon..

polished 928s on a black 3drgti... perfect!!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Photos sorted now, wahoo

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Love it Oz, looks like your onto a winner. Did you buy it cleared or does it need VRTing.

As you mentioned the discounted (four years earlier classic policy) from the insurance company you work with, how can they justify changing the rules for theyre employees? Im not directing this at you, but more the principle of it on the insurers behalf.
It doesnt seem right for theyre customers to follow one set of rules and the employee's another.

Again, the mk2 looks like it has great potential and well wear.
It looks very much like my old 8v (RIP!)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ Oisin, no the car still has to be VRT'd but ill leave it for the time being, not in any rush to be honest..

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so, here are a few more bits and pieces, so ill put these up for the min.

this is just some of the receipts and mots certs that i got of the previous owner, and the recorded VW documents too.

these bits are some of my favourites, espically as im going for the OEM look,

cheers for looking,

Matt

·
JM Motors
316 Posts
That is one sweet looking car, cant wait to get a spin in it. Are you sure you will be able to do all that work yourself, do you remember..... and there might be dirt. Best of luck with it, wish I had my golf back.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (jmm @ May 18 2010, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That is one sweet looking car, cant wait to get a spin in it. Are you sure you will be able to do all that work yourself, do you remember..... and there might be dirt. Best of luck with it, wish I had my golf back.

ah john hows the form,

dunno if ill let ya have a spin in it, ill see
, i should be alright doing the work, i can just about remember what spanners are, so i should be alright.. i have gloves too, so my hands wont get dirty

sure your just a call away.

will ya ever get your mk1 finished so..

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (oWesleyo @ May 18 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Love them wheels, gorgeous
where did you get them from? if you dont mind telling

i spotted the wheels on gumtree in sept last yr, i found them by accident really

and i had to have them, i was only back from oz and had no car when i got them..

·
Registered
651 Posts
QUOTE (Neilo @ May 18 2010, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice project

Do you mind me asking where you picked up the stickers?

Neil,

i got them on ebay there not too long ago, its a company called volkswagenstickers.co.uk, you can search them on ebay.

hope it helps

cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
Looking good Matt!

Hard to beat a black Mk2 :)

who will you get to do the wet sanding? Do you mind me asking why wet sanding over a good detail or will it be a combination of the two?

Good luck with project.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (Mike @ May 18 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looking good Matt!

Hard to beat a black Mk2 :)

who will you get to do the wet sanding? Do you mind me asking why wet sanding over a good detail or will it be a combination of the two?

Good luck with project.

Hi Mike,

to be honest mike i dont know, i was thinking a good detailer would have a better idea as to what would be best..

might drop detailer or spirit detail a pm and see what they recommend..

yeah, cant beat a black 3dr 16v.

cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just a small update, and few new bits.

new door panel clips and boot lid clips,

a full set of 16v coolant hoses

genuine new sunroof arms, had to return 1 as i got two right sides

well thats it for the min, rear axle updates next week,
thanks for looking

cheers
Matt

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.