Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take it youve sorted out the 8v then geo ya? What was up with it?

Note in pic above, morons highlight the petrol and not the cheaper diesel!

·
They're not even a real country anyway
1,192 Posts
Once petrol prices get higher than FM radio frequencies, I'm not a happy man....

108 is all you're gonna get out of me, ye baxtards!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
104.9 for petrol and diesel at Tesco in Maynooth...

Diesel has crept up in price also...

·
Resident Polo Pervert
5,183 Posts
108.9 in Dundalk the other day, with ques out on to the road with people stocking up on this "cheap" petrol before the price goes up, the owner told me a big increase was on the way and his tanks were nearly dry with panic buying

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Prices as of last night:

McLoughlins in Newbridge 100.9 Diesel & 104.9 Petrol
Chapmans (Ger Conway) Kildare Town 101.9 105.9 Petrol

It pays to buy direct from the distributors

Most of the places around Dublin are 107.9 for Both & it's 108/9.9 in Portlaoise too

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
QUOTE (Geo @ Jan 30 2006, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What's going on with the price in chapmans? Before the Kildare bypass opened the petrol used to be an extortionate price in there.

That was when Chapmans had the Pumps, Ger Conway from Kildare Town now runs the pumps, he has the depot on the Monasterevin side of Kildare on the old road.

I don't mind nipping in off the Motorway now to save myself 4/5c per ltr,
adds up on a 50ltr tank & a few hundred miles p/week!

Chapmans sure knew how to charge alright!

·
www.autostadt.ie
9,390 Posts
I always nip in to McLoughlins now for a frop of derv when i need it. Worth a 2 min spin in off the M7 for a big fill every week.the joys of an 84 mile round trip to work !! THe sooner a company with a big IT Dept moves to Portarlington the better !

Now there's a place with nut's petrol prices !! anything form 106-109 this past week !

·
Registered
304 Posts
QUOTE (veedubboy @ Jan 30 2006, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Most up north are 92p sterling for unleaded and 95/6p for diesel....convert that and u are still onto a good thing down there:)

Include VRT and we are not

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (pdxa4 @ Jan 30 2006, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Include VRT and we are not

Not by a long shot

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I was coming into work yesterday morning I noticed that in the SHELL station by the canal, between Harolds Cross bridge and Dolphins Barn bridge, the price of petrol was 107.9 but by the time I was going home yesterday evening it was 105.9, did prices drop around the country in general yesterday???

·
Registered
347 Posts
QUOTE (veedubboy @ Jan 31 2006, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>MUch is it on a 1.8 gti mk2?

Up to a 1.4 add 22.5% to revenues market value
1.4 to a 1.9 add 25% to revenues market value
1.9 up add 33% to revenues market value

so you'll have to lose alot of juice for us to be on a good thing

·
They&#39;re not even a real country anyway
1,192 Posts
QUOTE (veedubboy @ Jan 31 2006, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>MUch is it on a 1.8 gti mk2?

It would only be a few hundred € on a car as old as and of the value of a mk2 GTI, but on more expensive cars it runs to thousands, even on Rallyes you're talking maybe €3k, and on newer cars it's even higher. Also, VRT on new cars is charged on the price of the car inclusive of VAT - so you're paying tax on tax.

More scandalous though is the road tax. Our ridiculous capacity-based rates means a reasonably sensible 2.5 TDI is charged the same rate (in the region of €1000 per year) as say a guzzling 2.5 petrol Mondeo in drag (Jag X-Type)!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts