Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Resident Polo Pervert
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the polo out for a spin last night, and after getting used to real brakes the crappy Polo design scared the living sh1te out of me, its push the pedel and pray something happens, which is not good

So what would be my best bet in order to improve the feel and stopping power of my wee polo? The brakes as is are essentially mk1 GTI spec, 239mm vented discs up front, drums at the back. I'm thinking for a start a 16v mk2 master cylinder and braided lines, someone also suggested before that I should consider higher spec brake fluid, does anyone have any experience / advice on this.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Replace all the brake fluid anyway. Braided lines cost feck all these days so no reason not to fit them.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yeh, I think the size wheels you are willing to run will determine what brakes you can go for.

Dont tell Glenn
, But I agree with Ronan, a set of BBS RM's and some G60 brakes would be the best option.

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty!
2,931 Posts
QUOTE (8valver @ Mar 1 2006, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dont tell Glenn
, But I agree with Ronan, a set of BBS RM's and some G60 brakes would be the best option.

Admit it Leon, you love em!

·
Resident Polo Pervert
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to look into it to see if is possible to fit G60 brakes to G40 carriers, I know 256mm brake can be fitted using audi parts, wheel wise I am thinking 15's anyway, so I'd have space.

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty&#33;
2,931 Posts
Neils adapters should work if the brakes are the same set up as Mk1, bolt on 280's or 256.

·
Resident Polo Pervert
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (Glenn @ Mar 1 2006, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neils adapters should work if the brakes are the same set up as Mk1, bolt on 280's or 256.

Discs are the same size, but I think the Polo uses its own style calipers.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ahem, well,
nah I am ok thanks. My porsche rims do me just fine. And considering I still have a brand new set of OZ rims sitting in boxes there and two other sets of different rims scattered elsewhere I think I have enough for the moment.
All I need is for GS to drop down and clean them for me!!

·
Resident Polo Pervert
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (8valver @ Mar 1 2006, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All I need is for GS to drop down and clean them for me!!

I dont clean cars anymore, The Corrado was lucky to get a cleaning last night before it went, the Polo has not been washed in 6 months

·
Resident Polo Pervert
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (Geo @ Mar 2 2006, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It wasn't up to the usual bellew standard alright

Ah blow it out your ****

Did the car sell? YES

So therefore the wash as crappy as it may have been worked

1 - 20 of 28 Posts