Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get some perspex number plates - mk4 GTI?

I live in North County Dublin. Any idea how much?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses.

Has anyone got them in Halfords - do they do them 'while you wait'?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Yeah I got a set there and they done them there & then

G

·
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 9 2006, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah I got a set there and they done them there & then

any garage will do them for €15-€20 a set!! really tidys up a car, a set of new plates, tho i have fallen in love with the German metal style lately!!

Craig

any garage will do them for €15-€20 a set!! really tidys up a car, a set of new plates, tho i have fallen in love with the German metal style lately!!

Craig

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
The only problem I found with some factors is that they just throw them together and don't centre the digits, which makes the plate look gak

·
Registered
147 Posts
I always use: www.fancyplates.com

They are pretty reasonable for a high quality plate. I usually go for the honeycomb surface with the italic numbers.

Here is my last one.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I think that the Northern Ireland style lettering is pretty cool if you can get it done down here.

·
They&#39;re not even a real country anyway
1,192 Posts
fancyplates are very good - I got northern plates from them with the IRL eurostrip and "Fear Manach" above the number (not for me, for a Fermanagh car obviously
) and they were very well made.

I go for the metal plates myself - more of a European feel to them I think.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought fancy plates were quite good - the website at least. Wasn't 100% sure of measurements, so held off. They are a little more expensive than what other places seem to charge, but perhaps a case of 'pay for what you get'?

·
They&#39;re not even a real country anyway
1,192 Posts
Maybe so. I haven't had experience of any other perspex plate supplier because I only get metal ones for my own car, but for the northern reg I couldn't fault the quality of the fancyplates offering. It was the standard UK font and background, only the IRL eurostrip and county name made it any different from a legal northern set, and they did it spot on. If you didn't know it was dodgy you'd never guess

1 - 14 of 14 Posts