Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone any experience of claiming from Paypal or filing a dispute ? Good / bad ?

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
I have had several experiences with the claims system on ebay, I've been on both sides of the paypal dispute system.

Basically if you paid via paypal as long as you make the claim within 30 days you will get your money back. After 30 days you get nothing.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's within 30 days, but above the Standard Purchase Protection - £195.95. Will they still refund up to full amount ? Wondering wether I should just use the credit card purchase protection instead.

Seller has unregistered from eBay since the sale, mixed feedback.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I filed 2 claims. 1st one they only refunded me what was in the seller's account, about half what I was due. Recently I was done for a few quid, Paypal found in my favour but I got nothing.

I've come to the conclusion eBay is a haven for schysters and it's becoming more difficult to have trust in sellers.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
I would agree with that. It seems that if the sellers are aware of the ebay buyer protection policies then they can find ways to screw you and you'll get nothing back.

Probably better off going through your credit card to get the money back. I think with paypal if the seller doesn't have buyer protection then the max payout you can get is £120 less a £15 charge.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I have been stung both ways with paypal, only got the money back once of 3 occasions!
what they seem to do now is refund you half

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
I never got any money back out of 3 or 4 complaints on ebay (not all through paypal though)

I had a complaint filed against me once and paypal took the money directly out of my account to refund the buyer, pity that never worked when I was the one making the claim

·
Kevin
2,344 Posts
report in the paper about them last week too, mostly complaints about people not getting money back after being stiffed on ebay.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would agree with all of the above, i'm sick of businesses, which is what most of the scammers are, only excepting paypal. If they are a legitimate business then they should have a credit card machine, with which you have 3 months to make a claim against freudulant use. I'am also fed up with people selling stuff cheap say €5 with postage of €50 or something when the items only worth €50 or people selling a place in a que for free laptops etc. Ebay should crack down on this shite or they could loose what is a good worldwide reputation.

Sorry about that rant it's just ebay and paypal (owned by ebay) are pissing me off of late.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts