Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lads as above stated im looking for a second hand in reasonable condition passanger side tracking rod arm for my 95L16V corrado, the current one has seased up and unable to open, and i want to replace it, hopefully somebody out there has one

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh nice one i didnt think that they would be that cheap new cheers geo
i had better get the chasie number out this evening

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE In fact I think I might have a new one, if I do you can have it for €20.

Will you put that in the boot of your car and bring it with you to Dundalk George,
cheers

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
QUOTE (markmcie @ Feb 7 2006, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dont understand why you dont buy a new one and replace both of them. This is what connects your steering. Each to their own I suppose.
the bolts have seased up on the passanger side and when i was getting the tracking done on the car it took
the lads ages move the nut to get the tracking lined up so i thought that i would just replace the arm so that it wouldnt be so hard to track the car again if needed, mabey i will replace both arms as you suggested, cheers for the advice

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE (benkenobi @ Feb 7 2006, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the bolts have seased up

Common problem as in many cases these aren't moved for years. Use plenty of lube when you're putting the new one's on.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
QUOTE (DaveQ @ Feb 7 2006, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry for hijacking but on a similar note, just wondering should there be only one adjustable track rod arm on a Mk2 Gti?

I think the older ones had only one adjustable arm but as far as I know the later ones had 2 adjustable.

Any of them that would have been replaced over the years would probably have been replaced with an adjustable one anyway.

@Brian I think I have a pair of new ones, I'll bring them to Dundalk if I am going.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.