Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find out the colour code for my Mk I scirocco storm (1980)

The service book gives the correct chassis No but confusingly states that the colour code is L98F -"Black Met" ??
I checked this code out with my local auto paint shop and their computer says that code brings up Swartz (Black in German)

My car is the storm metallic brown colour - "Noisette" - what's going on?

Can anyone find or does anyone know the code for this colour - help?

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE (Alfaguy @ Mar 18 2006, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am trying to find out the colour code for my Mk I scirocco storm (1980)

The service book gives the correct chassis No but confusingly states that the colour code is L98F -"Black Met" ??
I checked this code out with my local auto paint shop and their computer says that code brings up Swartz (Black in German)

My car is the storm metallic brown colour - "Noisette" - what's going on?

Can anyone find or does anyone know the code for this colour - help?

im assuming the chassis plate is the rivet on type? in which case, it could have seen half a dozen different cars in its lifetime! not being a smartarse, but its not hard to swap a chassis plate overfrom car to car.

·
Registered
170 Posts
QUOTE (marko @ Mar 18 2006, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Noisette brown metallic L89P

TA very much.

... actually I am informed by the die-hard scirocco anoraks that there were two scirocco Brown colour's out in 1980 - one was mine, and the other later issue was noisette.

If fact the colour code on mine L98F is correct and even the correct name for it is black metallic - even though it is brown metallic? An extremely rare colour. This proves that my scirocco was one of the first batch of 1,000 made - the later Noisette brown ones were part of the second batch.

So Brown is the new black - those crazy germans.

http://website.lineone.net/%7Edr.dub/mk1ext.htm

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Jesus, Thats some site!

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Great site alright, plenty of VWs in there that I've never heard of & very interesting to see what some cars are badged as in different countries!

@ Alfaguy - Good luck with the Storm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts