Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Bought a 98 Golf Mark IV 1.4 last month was wondering what is the norm oil consumption??

It had an oil filter changed when i bought it.The oil light came on after about 700miles checked the dip stick and it was bone dry so perseumed the idot dealer never filled it up with oil fully !!! i have put 3.5 litres into into it and done another 450 miles (some of them hard) and the oil on the dip is half way.
i only got 1000 miles warranty but now dealer is saying mark IV drink oil and to just keep an eye on it

any thoughts

Thank
Bryan

·
Registered
651 Posts
As paudie said, those 1.4 mk4 golfs guzzle the oil,

so much so my brother bought one in jan from a dealer, and after a month he gave it back..

due to problems with the rings, they are notorious for it..

got a 320bmw coupe instead..

happy chappy now..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (oz dubber @ Apr 18 2011, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As paudie said, those 1.4 mk4 golfs guzzle the oil,

so much so my brother bought one in jan from a dealer, and after a month he gave it back..

due to problems with the rings, they are notorious for it..

got a 320bmw coupe instead..

happy chappy now..

Ye Thanks

Just wanted to know before i drive the car into the delaers front window :) better not now if its kinda normal i bought it for the gf. she didnt want a beamer :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.