Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner

Octavia Vrs

6K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Gaff 
#1 ·
I was under the impression that nearly all the Irish Vrs were 150bhp

Are they 150 or the more impressive 180bhp?

#4 ·
Oh, so there's an RS & a Vrs then?

Is the Vrs 180 &
the RS 150?

@Geo - cheers

#5 ·
Yeah 180bhp.

There was a 150 1.8T badged Elegance or L&K

They are officially called RS except in the UK where Ford owns the RS name. They call it the vRS there to get around this legality.

The v in the Logo is just the RS racing symbol.

QUOTE (Tony D @ Feb 28 2006, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh, so there's an RS & a Vrs then?

Is the Vrs 180 &
the RS 150?

Nope. read my last reply.

About time you traded in the Jet for one Tony

#6 ·
Cheers Trevor

180bhp sounds nice alright. Those Octavias are quite insurance friendly too.

Anyone wanna buy a good Jehha Daysil?!

#8 ·
QUOTE (BrendanM @ Feb 28 2006, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He'll throw in a few set of rims as well!!!

Speaking of that, does the Octy have the same offset / PCD as the Mk4s? (Trevor again?)

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (Tony D @ Feb 28 2006, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers Trevor

180bhp sounds nice alright. Those Octavias are quite insurance friendly too.
I dunno about that, if anything I think the insurance companies haven't a clue what the car is. I had my car over 4 years and now they copped on, that was when I went for a quote on the new one. While shopping around for other quotes I also found they were putting it in the incorrect grouping.

All the Mk1 RS's were 180 Bhp, and as Trev says they call it vRS in the UK due to Ford. Although I dunno how Audi don't have any problem using it ? (or were they there before Ford ?).

Btw if anyone is interested in a Mk1 RS, there'll be a few knocking around over the next few weeks as they are being traded in. Mine is sold but I know a few of the lads with them so I could put anyone in contact. I know of a Black one and Red one.

#12 ·
QUOTE (Smithy @ Mar 2 2006, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There was a 150 1.8T badged Elegance or L&K

And 4x4!

All Skoda's 1.8T have K3s turbo's and can be mapped to 212hp unlike the 150 Golfs

Cheers for the replies lads, the Skoda is looking more inviting

I like the sound of 212bhp!

#13 ·
QUOTE (Tony D @ Mar 2 2006, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers for the replies lads, the Skoda is looking more inviting

I like the sound of 212bhp!

I like the feel of 215bhp more though! I got mine remapped and it is just a rocket now.

#14 ·
QUOTE (Gaff @ Feb 28 2006, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Btw if anyone is interested in a Mk1 RS, there'll be a few knocking around over the next few weeks as they are being traded in. Mine is sold but I know a few of the lads with them so I could put anyone in contact. I know of a Black one and Red one.

Really Colm?????!!!!!!!

#15 ·
QUOTE (Daveclar @ Mar 3 2006, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Really Colm?????!!!!!!!

I know of them too.... thats not including yours if your thinking of joining the "new rs" club...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.