Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner

Nokia N70

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  pdxa4 
#1 ·
Picked this up on Sun.. only out since the weekend I think and I'm telling you all because..... it's the first Nokia I have had in a long time that hasn't frozen, crashed, switched itself off during the first few days of ownership!

Usual extras, 2Mil camera, video recorder is fantastic quality, 64 card, i pod style white headphones and a few nice other bits. Set me back 229 on an upgrade.

Would deffo recommend it.

See less See more
#3 ·
QUOTE (Trevor @ Jan 24 2006, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can I have your old phone?

You wouldn't want it Trev ! It has 1,600 messages sitting on it so it's running like a 386 PC at the moment as I got some weird messages while in Sydney which just have a question mark on them and they cannot be deleted which means to delete it I would have to go through all the messages one by one.

#4 ·
QUOTE (Mark N @ Jan 24 2006, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You wouldn't want it Trev ! It has 1,600 messages sitting on it so it's running like a 386 PC at the moment as I got some weird messages while in Sydney which just have a question mark on them and they cannot be deleted which means to delete it I would have to go through all the messages one by one.

Restore default factory setting or get it reflashed. Send it down!
Have you the PUK for it?

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Nice phone. The N70 is definately getting good responses from people.

I'm waiting for the N80 to be released.

#9 ·
I have the 6680 about 16 months now and the only difference between the N70 and mine is the N70 has a 2MEG camera and mine has a 1.3 meg!

I got mine for free on the upgrade!

Was going to upgrade to the N70 but it's not worth the money!

#10 ·
QUOTE (Mark N @ Jan 25 2006, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tried it all... and anyway, if I could fix it, I'd be wanting cash for it!!!

Here you go, this should fix it no problems,

An issue has been identified with the Nokia 6680 whereby if you receive an MMS while Roaming this MMS can neither be deleted or retrieved/opened. This leads to the 'New Message' symbol remaining on the screen of the phone.
This issue is caused by the setting of MANUAL retrieval of MMS while roaming. In order to prevent this problem go to:
Menu > Messages > Options > Settings > MMS > Retrieval while Roaming

Change this setting to AUTOMATIC or OFF, and the issue will not be seen. However, if 'AUTOMATIC' is chosen, there is the issue of you not being able to refuse the GPRS charge for the download of the MMS. If 'OFF' is chosen, you will not receive any MMS.
Set Retrieval While Roaming to 'OFF'
[Alternatively if a customer is not able to do this advise them you will divert their MMS while they are roaming, use the 'Handset Settings' screen to do this, and advise the customer to call us when the return to have this MMS divert removed.]

If you have already encountered this problem you can resolve this issue by doing the following:

[NOTE:The consequence of using this code is that all content previously downloaded (Full Tracks, Realtones,Polytones,Wallpaper etc) from Vodafone Live! to either the phone or the memory card will not be accessible. Any phone numbers or text messages that are stored on the handset will also be erased.]

Input the following code into the phone:
*#7370#
The device will then request a Security code, this is '12345'

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (neil @ Jan 26 2006, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have the 6680 about 16 months now and the only difference between the N70 and mine is the N70 has a 2MEG camera and mine has a 1.3 meg!

I got mine for free on the upgrade!

Was going to upgrade to the N70 but it's not worth the money!

I've had a 6680 and I don't agree. There's plenty of little touches on it compared to the 6680. The N70 is a far better phone and it runs a lot smoother too.

#12 ·
QUOTE (Mark N @ Jan 26 2006, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've had a 6680 and I don't agree. There's plenty of little touches on it compared to the 6680. The N70 is a far better phone and it runs a lot smoother too.

haven't used either phone but ur probably right as there would be newer software on the newer phone and maybe more memory. a mate had the 6680's older brother (cannot remember model) and now has 6680. he cannot believe the difference between the two

#13 ·
6630 I think.. I had about 10 of them, all replaced by Vodafone as they just never worked.

A great feature of the N70 - voice dialling. Not like old fashioned dialling where you record the name into your phone, this just reads the sim card and matches the number to the name you just told the phone to ring! Great if you're driving and can't take your eyes off the road..

#14 ·
QUOTE (Mark N @ Jan 29 2006, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>6630 I think.. I had about 10 of them, all replaced by Vodafone as they just never worked.

A great feature of the N70 - voice dialling. Not like old fashioned dialling where you record the name into your phone, this just reads the sim card and matches the number to the name you just told the phone to ring! Great if you're driving and can't take your eyes off the road..

i think 6630 is right.

regarding the "not taking your eyes off the road", have a look at the phone kits. a mate has the ck3100 and i'm thinking about gettingt the 3200 ls. they're bluetooth so future proof. they connect into the iso block of your stereo and use the cars speakers. the kit will sync with phone in about 20secs and works very well.

#15 ·
had a look at the N80 yesterday, the battery life on it is terrible (compared to the N70 and 6680) have the 6680 myself, and couldnt be happier with it. It does freeze on the very rare occasion but sure.. its nokia not nasa!

#16 ·
QUOTE (Oisin @ Jan 30 2006, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>had a look at the N80 yesterday, the battery life on it is terrible (compared to the N70 and 6680) have the 6680 myself, and couldnt be happier with it. It does freeze on the very rare occasion but sure.. its nokia not nasa!

Where did you see the N80 ?

#18 ·
QUOTE (Oisin @ Jan 30 2006, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On the net, just google a spec.

Oh right, I was wondering as it is not out for sale yet...
I've read a good few reviews, battery life does seems to be poor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.