Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Not sure where to say hi but just a quick not to introduce myself.... Bought a Mk1 Sportline nearly 2 years ago and have spent the last while 'slowly' getting it fully on the road. It's a 91 so last of the Mk1's as far as I know (learning curve still climbing as am a Mini man originally!) Its in great condition have to say, so credit to the previous owner: only cosmetic.... so far I've got a new roof from autohood UK/new carpets from Newton commercial, and just the regular oil/air/fuel/plugs. Got GTi engineering to check timing/emissions etc and it all runs sweet so far. I'll post a few pics up soon.......Looking forward to the next event or general meet up, so I can really find out the good the bad and the ugly!!

Cheers,
DAVE

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha ha...Dublin is tiny!
Cheers man.....needs a wash though! Have a few questions but I'll wait a while for those

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty!
2,931 Posts
You actually parked next door to where i work about a week ago, in Broomhill and i had a quick look around it. How'd you come accross the site?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah....I remember! You were gone when I came out but I'll be back there maybe today actually! Prob around luch time......Where I'm working at the mo 'Passat130' is here and he sent me the link.....Was looking for a good VW site as I'm a member of miniresource so I know its where you get the best help/advice etc.....

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
They don't miss much on here when it comes to VW's Dave

Welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 23 2006, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They don't miss much on here when it comes to VW's Dave

Welcome aboard

It's worse than fecking Big Brother.....there's always someone watching you!

Looking foward to the Pics

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just met Glenn for a quick chat....picked up my first bit of info on my temp guage light! nice one Glenn

Cheers for the welcome all

·
www.autostadt.ie
9,390 Posts
i'll take the credit for getting you on here !

It's a sweet motor and sounds lovely ! very original to.

Glenn where abouts are you working.......I'm on Airton Road and Dave is on site with me here for a bit.

·
www.autostadt.ie
9,390 Posts
QUOTE (Glenn @ Feb 23 2006, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>She does, lovin the Lexus lights!

indeed ! Apparently they are taking them off...after i gave her loads of grief over them !
I know him as well...does the air con work in here. Know J quite well..small world eh !!!!
don't think she's in today

Sorry for hijackin your post Dave !!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty&#33;
2,931 Posts
He's a very good mate of mine. Absolute nutters the pair of them. Did she tell about her first trip to work when she thought the beemer had Km clocks?

·
www.autostadt.ie
9,390 Posts
yep..............and wondering why she was passing everything
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stone wall cracked.....I've sent her on a link to this !!..........

I ended up gettign D on a rotten air con job in here and have only seen him once since ! it was our comms room and a right pain !

They've moved down my way now......lovin the sticks the pair of them !

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Welcome to the site Dave......
Post some pics of your car in the members cars section when you get a chance and have given her a wash!!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts