Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (draycottgirlz @ Apr 20 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>(ideas? Ya try to take a pic during the day with a steady hand! lol)

Welcome.....other ideas, bring it closer to mother earth

Good advice .. will put up a steady pictures soon ,, closer to mother earth sounds good , coilovers will be got ..dont fancy mucking around with lowering springs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (scallywag500 @ Apr 20 2011, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good advice .. will put up a steady pictures soon ,, closer to mother earth sounds good , coilovers will be got ..dont fancy mucking around with lowering springs.
:lol:

Here are two better pictures i took this morning..lovely day for taking photographs...

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (A.Zdriver @ Apr 20 2011, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wlcm lad whts da crack? mint bora uve there

Well A.Z hows it going.. thanks for the warm welcome..gave the bora a good wash the other day ,, shes a little low in power could be MAF problem .. Hope your A4 i goin well , have u any pics posted in other sections.. :

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE (Neilo @ Apr 20 2011, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lads, ease off on the text speak please. It's not liked around here.
O.K. Nice Golf Neilo... Sure im only learning the ropes. You are right as text speak makes it difficult for others to read posts.

Can anyone reccomend a good brand of coilovers . Are FK. the best out there?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
QUOTE (Neilo @ Apr 20 2011, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No worries.

There are lots of different coilovers available for your bora, from budget to premium brands.
I would say FK would be low to mid range. I had kw v3's on my last car which were very good but stiff, Shane had koni's
on his bora and were very comfortable.

I Might shop around and see what the konis are like . Coilovers will effect handling and it may be worth a bit of research in other threads. I would prefer to have the bit of comfort . Thanks again for the advice and keep up the good work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
QUOTE (A.Zdriver @ Apr 20 2011, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My A4 is not worth a picture really. FK are definetly not the best out there their one of the worst but I would strongly doubt if you could afford the best ones available. I would go for Apex around 500e mark.

Thanks A.Z the same could be said for my bora , But I threw up a picture for the introduction. I have heard of the brand Apex before. Yeah it seems like a toss up between , budget and comfort. I will go for mid range ones , something easy to adjust also . I will keep you posted sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
QUOTE (ShaunieVW @ Apr 20 2011, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If your going mid range get the Koni 1150's, If budget get JOM's, they outshine at everything with comparing them to other budget brands such as FK's, Raceland and the god awful V-maxx, I think mid range is good enough for your every day enthusiast, Higher end is more for handling set up IMO, for comfort its definitely mid range all the way, Best of luck, new wheels and lows and your on a good road with that colour

Shaunie your a star
. Cant wait to drop her down a notch , Im sure ill chat to ya again , No doubt.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
QUOTE (VRSJim @ Apr 21 2011, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Where in the country are you Scallywag? I'm have been seeing a very similar looking bora around Ennis and Shannon recently.
Alright lad i am based around Mullingar ,,There are few of the knocking about in that colour blue.. id say the skoda Vrs is a lovely bus..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
[quote name='Camillus O' D' date='Apr 22 2011, 10:26 PM' post='618822']
Got ya now. Its Andrew isnt it
I had not got clue who it was
You still knockin around at furniture

By the way I AM MENTAL ABOUT VAG
[/quote
Yeah thats me boss , good to hear from you
, im still tipping away at bits of furniture, How are you getting on . You did good work with ur van. Did you paint the rims yourself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
QUOTE (VRSJim @ Apr 22 2011, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ya its a great bus, just starting to get things done with it now plans for the next month or so is alloys painted black, respray front and rear bumpers and the trim on them and lower it a little on some coilovers.

Lots of spraying for the skoda so . Nice weather for it . Black rims will look well . will you spray the trim yourself or get someone to do it . What type coilovers are you thinking of getting. will you go for any of the ones mentioned above?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
QUOTE (ShaunieVW @ Apr 22 2011, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Im down in Raharney myself, haven't seen this around! I work in town and Id always be in and around it, I will hopefully be fitting JOMs to my mk4 in the coming weeks and your welcome to a spin in it when there on to compare comfort etc.

I must look out for your mark 4 shaunie.. i live up past killucan village , only moved back home there was living in monaghan for a while..Did u buy the JOM's online.?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.