Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

got a VW Golf Mk1 1.8 Gti Karmann Convertible...It is a '98 and is burgundy colour..

You might be able to help me out here....I got a new mohair hood for it ( the three complete sections) from Germany...The frame is ok and I am having a new frame mae for the rear window...but...
I need the cables/wires...thingies...that support the hood...one on each side and one at the rear of the hood...dunno what these are called or where they can be got..

Will be grateful of a lead to find these last few parts to finish the car

Cheers

Claire

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I can't really help ya Claire, just wanted to hi and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Welcome aboard Claire, I cant help but I'm sure help should be on hand shortly

Get some pics of the car up

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome Claire, I was in the Factory that you car was built in when I worked for Cosworth, even got a Karmann workshop coat, amazing place. Everyone there is a craftsman (person), your car will have had a wonderful birth.

@ Riccson, in trouble now, lol

John

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Hi Clare, welcome, EoinO did a cabby restoration so he might be on hand shortly with some advise, otherwise i will check with a mate who has one as i think he got a new hood for his too.

·
Resident Polo Pervert
5,183 Posts
QUOTE (PD150 @ Feb 3 2006, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Get some pics of the car up

Sod the car its other pictures we want to see.............. unless one involves the words scantily clad and bonnet

Well someone had to say it sooner or later

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
QUOTE Sod the car its other pictures we want to see.............. unless one involves the words scantily clad and bonnet
ROFL

now now lads behave there is a lady onboard so no more dirty jokes, so everybody sit up straight and tuck in your shirt,

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (Honky @ Feb 3 2006, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Funny that, it took 9 replies before anyone twigged the error about a 98 Mk1 Cabrio

My mistake..typo
an '88 of course!

Haven't put it on the road yet but there is such little to be done to it really...it will be hitting the SLigo roads when the weather picks up

We have a few more Vee Dubs that keep us busy....not good to just have one project on the go you know

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Hey Claire, welcome!

QUOTE We have a few more Vee Dubs that keep us busy....not good to just have one project on the go you know

What other toys have you got?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
aircooled Vee Dubs:

'64 VW Split panel van

'66 VW beetle

'78 VW Bay window camper

and the

'88 VW Golf Gti Karmann Convertible

'05 VW Golf Plus

I put a few pics up in the aircooled section of this forum

Claire

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
QUOTE (Claire @ Feb 4 2006, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>aircooled Vee Dubs:

'64 VW Split panel van

'66 VW beetle

'78 VW Bay window camper

and the

'88 VW Golf Gti Karmann Convertible

'05 VW Golf Plus

I put a few pics up in the aircooled section of this forum

Claire

Very nice...... You'll be needing a car transporter if you're going to a show!!!!

so, you like Volkswagens then.......
well done

·
vw queen
757 Posts
QUOTE (RiccsonTDI @ Feb 3 2006, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Claire,

Welcome.

I could be wrong, but I think you're the first female to join since the demise of VAGE.
Edit:
Oops, I'm wrong. Sorry Sinead and Vixen and whoever else I missed.

and me.....

Hi Claire, nice collection of vdubs

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Claire,
I'm brand new to this site but I got my hood replaced on my Mk1 recently, the guy that did it put new cables etc in so he might be able to help you...I'll put his no up later if that's ok by the Moderators?
DAVE
(He's in Dublin though)

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty&#33;
2,931 Posts
QUOTE (sportline @ Feb 23 2006, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>etc in so he might be able to help you...I'll put his no up later if that's ok by the Moderators?

Fire away, no problem putting up stuff like that at all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts