Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed the vast numbers of new 06 passat's doing the rounds. Virtually one out of every two 06 cars around here is a passat. What is so special about them anyway?

·
Registered
304 Posts
It's a VW, and it holds it's value very well.

Good handling.

·
www.autostadt.ie
9,390 Posts
be interesting to see how well second hand ones sell in the next year or to if so many sell now.....you'll never get rid of a base model if you buy one now !!

·
Registered
347 Posts
QUOTE (Passat130 @ Apr 6 2006, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>be interesting to see how well second hand ones sell in the next year or to if so many sell now.....you'll never get rid of a base model if you buy one now !!

there seems to be flip all base models being sold, same with the golf and jetta

·
www.autostadt.ie
9,390 Posts
Good !
i'll be looking to pick up a nice shiney 2.0 TDI Highline in a year or 2 !!!
BTW does anyone else reckon the Monte carlo wheels look very like RS6's in the flesh ??

·
Registered
170 Posts
Am in Limerick today having my Alfa Gt serviced and just popped out to Frank Hogans to look at passat's. No stock left. I got a view of a sold 140bph 2.0 Tdi highline though and WOW is it well finished and the half leather - half suede seats look fantastic.

I wonder however if 140bph is a little puny for such a big car. I also wonder about the durability of all that chrome on the front - is it resistant to stone chipping. Guess we will have top wait and see.

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty&#33;
2,931 Posts
The old 1.9s weren't slow with the 130 bhp and the 140 golfs are plenty quick so i'd reckon the 140 in the passat will be lively enough.

·
www.autostadt.ie
9,390 Posts
Have driven the 140 in the B6 and currently driving the 130 in a B5.5 i have to say it feels quicker and livelier ! i know the new one is just over 2000kg's and i'm pretty sure that's little or no change over the old one due to aluminium chassis components.

Mate of mine has a b6 Highline on order with Beige leather and fogs......trading in his 130 B5 for it.
The 105bhp is a little light but still pretty decent.

Apologies...... the GVW for both is just over 2000kg's
B5.5 unladen is 1400 odd and a b6 is 1600 odd

Dec

·
Registered
164 Posts
One of my mates is a VW salesman back in London and he reckons he gets a heck of a lot of enquiries about Passats from Irish people. Funny to see this post.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Apparently the sales of the new Passat 2.o litre Tdi are a lot less than the 1.9 tdi as the 2l is €5k dearer.

Drove a new 1.9 tdi and she ain't slow . Definately faster than my old model '04 1.9 tdi 100bhp.

They are now just behind the Avensis in sales and have pushed out the Mondeo into 3rd place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts