Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Went to Longford this morning and used the toll for the first time, although just as I approached the toll a sign said no EASYPASS accepted at the toll, so you had no chance to get off the road before the toll

Is that stupid or what that the toll road does'nt accept easypass, needless to say I was a bit pissed off and pulled in and counted €2.50 in coppers which has been sitting in my center armrest since the euro came in

I said to the lady at the booth when I went up to her, "thats a bit silly you dont take the easypass is'nt it"
she replied "we just dont take it", so I said "here you go here is the €2.50" the face on her when I gave her €2 in 5cents and the rest in 1cent coins

Its a good road all the same, does it really save much time?

I went to the Ballinalee/Drumlish junction just outside Longford this morning from Ashbourne in 1hour 15mins.

·
Registered
304 Posts
QUOTE (PD150 @ Jan 29 2006, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its a good road all the same, does it really save much time?

If anything it just saves a lot of stress that the old road had, I don't miss the rat race around Enfield.

But speaking of stress:
I've already met a lot of muppets with no idea how to drive on a motorway on this road, one muppet who was right beside me tried to go into my lane, when I gave him a good blast of the horn he kept looking straight ahead as if nothing had happened...I had another bit$h that was taking up the fast lane and would not pull over...

It's expensive though, I would hate to be having to go through it ever day.
It makes you wonder why we are paying VAT/VRT and road tax for ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
when the rest of the motorway to galway is open it'll be an additional toll, so will prob be €5 each way or €6.80 to the airport

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
QUOTE (PD150 @ Jan 29 2006, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Went to Longford this morning and used the toll for the first time, although just as I approached the toll a sign said no EASYPASS accepted at the toll, so you had no chance to get off the road before the toll

Is that stupid or what that the toll road does'nt accept easypass, needless to say I was a bit pissed off and pulled in and counted €2.50 in coppers which has been sitting in my center armrest since the euro came in

I said to the lady at the booth when I went up to her, "thats a bit silly you dont take the easypass is'nt it"
she replied "we just dont take it", so I said "here you go here is the €2.50" the face on her when I gave her €2 in 5cents and the rest in 1cent coins

Its a good road all the same, does it really save much time?

I went to the Ballinalee/Drumlish junction just outside Longford this morning from Ashbourne in 1hour 15mins.

you probably would save sometime if you didn't have to count the €2.50 in fives and ones

·
Registered
108 Posts
We got a leaflet in the door trying to get us signed up to "Eirtag" for the M4. Same idea as easy pass but it's a pain in the hole having to get another tag. The leaflet said that "Eirtag" would soon be accepted on ALL tolled roads in the country.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Having the "Toll bridge ahead" sign after the last turn off is just so irish, i discovered that the hard way after missing the turn off for Enfield the other day, cost me £2.50 and a 10 mile drive to get off the bloomin road again...

·
Meh
446 Posts
I was in dublin yesterday going from Killucan and went up the old road on the way up and the new road the way back. Saved about 20 minutes and the old road was quiet.

Definitley would save you on stress, big time.

Would hate to have to fork out €2.50 every day each way though!

·
Registered
347 Posts
QUOTE (McandMar @ Jan 30 2006, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Having the "Toll bridge ahead" sign after the last turn off is just so irish, i discovered that the hard way after missing the turn off for Enfield the other day, cost me £2.50 and a 10 mile drive to get off the bloomin road again...

they have toll both coming of the slip roads to so once you use it you have to pay

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
QUOTE (pdxa4 @ Jan 30 2006, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It makes you wonder why we are paying VAT/VRT and road tax for ?

I agree, it would be nice to know were the 12,600 Euro I'm going to pay for VAT & VRT is going

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (dubtrend @ Jan 30 2006, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>you probably would save sometime if you didn't have to count the €2.50 in fives and ones

Sure that took over 5 minutes

But it felt good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts