Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
old school member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it is my understanding the garda are training in new top end motors
they just got hold of a batch of marked skoda octavia vrs,currently down in the more.and wait for it they also got two topend brand new fully loaded evo's in black tinted out and unmarked going up and down from dublin airport all the way out the m1......watch out
also the umarkes bikes are out and about
as well as the subaru foresters in wine 'unmarked'.better to no then not

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I think I seen the Gards collecting a brand spanking new EVO today outside Mitsubishi house on JFK rd

·
old school member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea u prob did....sweat machines.i put post up because if you seen that cumen behind you ...pending on ur humer you wud want to drop a cog
thats when the fun stops now
they out there now to keep eye on street racing at night time

G

·
EHHH funny, I was flahout in the goof on my way up to Bohall in Tullyvale on Saturday night at 10ish, noticed a dark (not sure of exact colour)Bran spanker 06 EVO sitting in the slow lane among traffic with 2 middle aged geezers init driveing north N11 / M50 at the wide section by the Bray exit! I slowed up due to the other thread about the forresters on ere, they pulled out into fastlane, but I came off next exit for Tullyvale 100m later and they didnt follow! I thought it was sus at the time and said it to Bohall

Wonder was it the Five O?

·
old school member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cud well have been,they testing around there 4 the last week or so,

G

·
Fat middleaged blokes in evos going slow??? Sounds like cops to me!

Ive seen auld guys in WrX's but not Evo's, Evos are too Boyracerish for older guys to be driving!

I was at the MotoX GP last year in Desert Martin and the Norrie Irish Cops had an Evo all fiveO'd up, cop strips, Enki rims and big red brembo's, looked cool in Police colurs etc!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
lol, it would look even cooler when u get pulled in your mk2 with not a screed of tax or nct etc!

I may calm down on that M50 at night, played cat an mouse with the unmarked mondeo lastnight, not good!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Forester in Blue over silver around Ballymun/Glasnevin/Santry too

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
QUOTE (jedi @ Apr 4 2006, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>it is my understanding the garda are training in new top end motors
they just got hold of a batch of marked skoda octavia vrs,:

What colour are the Octys? The vRS only comes in silver and race blue. Not really suitable colours for marked cars.

EDIT: Meant to say that they aloso come in black, red and yellow too.....

·
Registered
345 Posts
QUOTE (Trevor @ Apr 5 2006, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What colour are the Octys? The vRS only comes in silver and race blue. Not really suitable colours for marked cars.
the factory makes white ones for the police all over europe, so i would say that mdl can get them too,,,

·
Registered
713 Posts
They have had the EVO's for a few weeks now. A mate of mine is very good friends with a few of our good friends in the Garda and the handful of them that are actually human have been out playing in the EVO at night
And I dont mean trying to catch streetracers!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
There's a kinda creamy grey forrester doing the rounds in galway too.
It looks the business with all lights going, The M3 he was chasing probably has a different view on it tho...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wonder will they keep the Evo's a year?

Considering how long clutches last in them, the price and intervals of servicing and the amount of wear and tear on mega expensive transmisson and suspension components when you have a load of different drivers ragging the life out of them...........cant see them staying on the mainstream traffic fleet for too long to be honest.

I can imagine the pile of invoices for the Evo's by the end of the year.......

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
QUOTE (VST @ Apr 5 2006, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wonder will they keep the Evo's a year?

Considering how long clutches last in them, the price and intervals of servicing and the amount of wear and tear on mega expensive transmisson and suspension components when you have a load of different drivers ragging the life out of them...........cant see them staying on the mainstream traffic fleet for too long to be honest.

I can imagine the pile of invoices for the Evo's by the end of the year.......

They could be your best customers yet Tom

·
Registered
713 Posts
Generally when supplying Government agencies etc with cars/vans you have to submit a servicing schedule of costs which include everything from clutch replacement to the sump washer. However, and this is the big however these are based on normal driving and normal driving conditions and dont take into account they way these will be treated!!
So as Tom rightly pointed out the Evos may last for a while but what happens when the budget starts to run out!!!
And then of course there is the ones that will no doubtedly be crashed!!
Does anyone remember the Sierra Cosworths they got years ago???

·
Resident Polo Pervert
5,183 Posts
QUOTE (Dirty1 @ Apr 5 2006, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was at the MotoX GP last year in Desert Martin and the Norrie Irish Cops had an Evo all fiveO'd up, cop strips, Enki rims and big red brembo's, looked cool in Police colurs etc!

These?

Here is an Octavia too:

·
Registered
304 Posts
It shows how badly focused the Garda are on traffic safety in this country.

If they put the money that was spent on all of these high performance unmarked cars on more ordinary marked cars then a lot more people would slow down on the roads.
The majority of these unmarked cars will only be used on the straight pieces of roads and motorways anyway, which are the safest ones to drive on.

What they are attempting to do is enticement with the unmarked cars, a number of other countries do not allow the enticement as a means of catching someone.

·
old school member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i.d say ur spot on there vst and i also no a few human garda but at the end of the day they have a job to do
after a short time they be back in their yaris's and punto;s the evo and ocky's are short term anyway if my sorce is right

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well according to my mate too the Evo is only on loan to them for a temp period. I am not sure the Evo is in traffic division solely too. It is being used by drugs division and some other guys too.
Dont argue that they have a job to do but they way some of them (mainly traffic division) speak to the general public is disgraceful!! Thankfully I havent been on the receiving end yet. In fairness there are a few sound ones out there. Coming back from the limerick show I think it was a few years back one of the lads broke down on the Porlaoise bypass and about 4 of us pulled into the hard shoulder. A biker cop came along and we all though we were about to get a bollicking. He parked his bike at the back of the last car with the siren flashing to warn other cars and stayed chatting to us until we got it going again and then warned us a colleague of his was up around the next bend with a speed check!!

I believe that other divisions in the force arent too keen on a lot of the traffic boys either!!

G

·
I was watchin a program on Sky or Men n Motors the other night called car wars, it was about Manchesters special Traffic unit, you wanna see the motors in their yard, Scooby's, S3 Audi's, X5's, Evo's all unmarked, was a real good documentry on how they tackle car crime, really makes our lot look pathetic!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts