Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
as above i was a jap man but just purchased this cracking motor from ciara 1989 on here yesterday so thought id join up

great site.

here it goes

as above lads sold my altezza which i did really like but the traveling i do i needed something easier to run so after alot of looking i came across this lil beauty.

brought in from the north in feb 2009 and one owner since who looked after the car incredibly and her boyfriend was a vw mechanic so treated the car like a baby.

full service history with all documents and paper work the old owner was sick shes selling that only shes going to oz she'd keep it forever.

heres the spec

2001 gt tdi highline 130bhp

-All black leather seats and heated immaculate
-air-con climate control.
-3 back windows tinted
-6 speed 130BHP
-light washers come from bumper
-rain sensor wipers
-serviced every 5,000miles
-timing belt done
-JOM coilovers
-very quiet engine and completely standard
-everything works and inside is brand new
-bbs 16'' alloys

-only a few small plans im picking up a mesh kamei grill next week.then its get a front lip and get both fitted and sprayed.

-bbs lm reps are next as i wont afford genuine gona get 18's with staggered fitament

-fit some foglights to the front.

-lower coilovers a small bit more when wheels fitted.

-mite get a remap to 175bhp and 300 torque depending on funds and if the engine wont be affected.

other than that its perfect and i love it,1st german car and must say im impressed and is very very good and easy to run

heres how i want the car to turn out except kamei grill and no airbags

any opinions???

will get new pics 2moro after polish.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Welcome along. Saw your new car at Dubshed last month. Very clean example alright.

I like the route your planning to go but I wouldn't be a fan of the Kamei grilles. Each to their own. Another thing, the car in the video is on 18s as far as I know. The arches on the Mk4 are huge so you need 18s or to be very very low to pull off smaller.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry edited that there i ment 18's i will be looking at the linea corsa reps as they are supposed the best reps whos the best place to get them from?

any reason why your not a fan of the kamei grill? i think looks best?not a fan of the slotted grill. looking for a lip next think its the vr6 4motion same as in the video.

plan on keeping this for a wile as so easy to run.

will get pics up after its waxed.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Try AlloyWheels.ie, the main site sponsor, for the wheels.
I just think that they look cheap and naff to be honest. I associate them with Lexus lights, sun strips and Wolfrace wheels, i.e. not a look anybody would want to be going for these days. Your car, your call.
Lots of nice Mk4's on here so I'm sure you'll get plenty of inspiration.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not a fan of those rh splits much prefer the bbs lm's think the would finish it off nicely.

what other grills is there? i hate the standard slotted type an am getting the kamei type off the previos owner so that will do for the time being.

im just looking for vr6 4motion splitter pic now if anyone has one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.