Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excellent start to the season, seems to be pretty entertaining so far...

New format qualifying was very good.

Seems to be between Renault, Mc Laren and Ferrari...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Good race, some pace from Kimi alright especially on one stop fuel!, Rosberg looked very quick! would've been interesting to see how he would've done without the nose change at the start.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Result was
1. Alonso
2. Schuie
3. Kimi

2.4 V8's are producing 200bhp less than the V10's did last year. But they reckon the cosworth engines were reving to 20,000rpm this weekend

Was a class race and so was qualifying. I think Honda and Jensen Button will also be one to watch this season, Not going to be a championship contender but there aint too many who can underbrake Montoya like the way he was at it today.

That Rosberg guy was lapping at serious pace and especially for his first Gran Prix. Was good racing right to the flag and made for great watching. Looks like its going to be an exciting season.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dont forget Jenson in 4th place, doesn't sound great but he lost 2 places each pitstop and he fluffed the start! But he overtook Montoya in a Mclaren 3 times! Montoya was only getting past him when he stopped for fuel, those Honda boys wouldn't know a good statergy if it came and bit them in the arse.

Great start to what I hope will be a great year. Renaults have a complete package already so I cant wait to see the results as Ferrari and McLaren continue to develop their cars. Kimi's 22nd to 3rd was superb!

Drivers skill in order in my opinion
1) Michael
2) Kimi
3) Alonso
4) Button
5) Montoya (when he can be bothered)
6) Rosberg.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Was working at the time so I only got a passing gaze at what happened, but who were the two involved in the sprint out of the pit stop near the 40th lap?

The two cars were side by side all the way to the end of the pit lane!
Never seen that before!

·
Registered
147 Posts
QUOTE (Oisin @ Mar 13 2006, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Was working at the time so I only got a passing gaze at what happened, but who were the two involved in the sprint out of the pit stop near the 40th lap?

The two cars were side by side all the way to the end of the pit lane!
Never seen that before!

It was Button & someone else. The Honda guys should not have released him into someone else.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That was one of the Toyota's with Button.

If Kimi came out behind Schumacher, I don't think he would have passed him. Michael seemed to be able to brake later than Kimi.

Nico was the man of the race.

What about Toyota, a team that is reputed to spend 300 million per year, disaster.

I think it's going to be a good year.

John

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Some heads need to role at Toyota me thinks, they're not doing the business for the money they're spending, mind you I think the drivers are only in it for the money, especially Ralf.

I read today that they took the tyres off at the pit stops and they were like new, so something seriously wrong there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts