Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Looks great. Hopefully the more aggressive look will make the move away from being seen as a girly car.

200bhp from a 2lt TSI engine is a bit disappointing when you think 5 or 6 years ago they were getting 180bhp from a 1.4TSI.

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty!
2,931 Posts
QUOTE (Oisin @ Apr 18 2011, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>200bhp from a 2lt TSI engine is a bit disappointing when you think 5 or 6 years ago they were getting 180bhp from a 1.4TSI.

GTI engine? Disappointing? The 1.4 TSI (170bhp) isn't a patch on a 2.0 TFSI, or even a 2.0 TDI for that matter.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
QUOTE (Glenn @ Apr 18 2011, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>GTI engine? Disappointing? The 1.4 TSI (170bhp) isn't a patch on a 2.0 TFSI, or even a 2.0 TDI for that matter.

It had me thinking about the original beetles engines, smaller and more about A to B than big power figures. Its a shame their not making an engine smaller than a 2lt. Doesnt the 1.4TSI make 178bhp? I rounded it to 180. Is this beetle getting a TFSI or TSI?
link

Either way, Id drive one. Hopefully they wont change the styling too much when it comes to getting built.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
I really like the look of it and with the 2.0TFSI it will be blast

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Love it! If only the cash were in hand I'd put my name down on the order book. I worked a lot on the first 'new' beetle - driving mules all over North America - makes me tired just to think of it again - hehehe

BTW - I don't see PT Cruiser in this design anywhere........but thats me...

·
Sam D
1,707 Posts
QUOTE (americanpaddy @ Apr 19 2011, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Love it! If only the cash were in hand I'd put my name down on the order book. I worked a lot on the first 'new' beetle - driving mules all over North America - makes me tired just to think of it again - hehehe

BTW - I don't see PT Cruiser in this design anywhere........but thats me...

the a pillar does it for me in the cruiser-a-like and maybe the nose-down stance

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

I wonder if those gauges would fit a mk5 dash?

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
looks like a beetle to me.

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
Looks well. A bit of a "coupe" look about it (lower roof).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.