Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this pic has been on here before, looks alright from this angle, I've seen a couple of pics of the front end its got the same fish head look as the 6 series.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
That looks good

but the front of the saloon reminds me of this guy...

I hope they change it for the coupe version

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
that coup does look very nice

the new 6series imho is a cracking looking car aswell

·
Registered
432 Posts
It looks a damn side better than the normal 4 door, but then as mentioned, those large wheels make all the difference.

I thought the old 3-series coupe was good looking and I think they've definitely gone backwards in the looks department.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Watching Top Gear last night with the M5, I think all that gadgety stuff would be a top laugh.
Strange how he dogged it all so much as hes normally looking out for that kinda stuff!

Lovin the 'M' Button! 420->504bhp at a push of a button!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Fook me that coupe is nice.. I think my next car will either be a new 3 series coupe or another GTI.. or the new S3... ZZZZzzzzzzz

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
The 3 door is going to be called a 4 series as far as i know

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
QUOTE (Wolfsburg_TDI @ Jan 30 2006, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The 3 door is going to be called a 4 series as far as i know

No its not. Rover hold the rights to the "4 series" name. They have to use the 3 series naming convention.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
I remember reading in CAR back in the 90s that the E46 coupe would be called the 4 series and that didn't happen. You should never believe any of the shite you read in magazines or on the web.

I think the top picture is a photoshop as well.

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
Yeah ive seen it printed alot also,have also read a story they were droping the 2 series and the 4 series so we wont know until an actuall coupe appears in the showroom.

·
Registered
347 Posts
QUOTE (Geo @ Jan 30 2006, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I remember reading in CAR back in the 90s that the E46 coupe would be called the 4 series and that didn't happen. You should never believe any of the shite you read in magazines or on the web.

I think the top picture is a photoshop as well.

the plan was for uneven numbers for 4doors and even numbers for coupes but as was already mentioned the 4 was a problem

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Who owns the Rover trademarks ??

Thought BMW might have taken the oppurtunity to buy it out while they could, if it was that big of a problem for them.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
QUOTE I think the top picture is a photoshop as well.

looking at it again you could be right GEO

it looks terrible in thoes spy shots,

·
They&#39;re not even a real country anyway
1,192 Posts
That's very odd, as BMW actually retained the rights to the Rover name and trademarks. Phoenix were using them under licence. The Chinese crowd bought the tooling and designs, but not the name. So watch out for a very familiar looking "Luckystar Full Moon Rotating Fish Excellence" in showrooms near you soon

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think that the current BMW designs are terrible...its a shame as they are pretty decent to drive...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts