Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
its pronounced Conor D........... Ray!!&#
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright folks mate needs a aseal for ashaft on a lawnmower gearbox. only other optionis buy complete gearbox and shaft from US.

The seal is 3/4" inner diameter 1 1/4" outer diameter and 1/8" wide. Unusual size due to the width. There must be someone would make this up out there.

any help appreciated.
Conor

·
Registered
8,655 Posts

·
its pronounced Conor D........... Ray!!&#
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers neil. they only have 1/4" width aswell. stupid yanks.....

·
'Black Balled' member
5,500 Posts
have you tried a local engineering/fabricators place, conor? Ive bought some 'odd sized' seals off them -they charge daft prices like €18 + vat for a small seal, but anything Ive asked them to get, they've got it in.

You need to get the vernier calipers out and measure exactly what you need in mm, they seem to get a tad pissy these days with talk of inches...

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Did you get onto them Conor?

They make seals so they could make you one.

Try Dickson bearings and transmission ltd.

Rotate Ltd

·
VAGittarian
419 Posts
Or you could try here. Dare say they've got all sorts of sizes..

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i cant see the width being very important. the inner and outers are. plus 1/8 is 3.175. so 3mm seal should do fine which is very small anyway. i do know murphy engineering do imperial stuff cos i used them when i was working on an american yoke in tegan.

32mm x 19mm x 3mm (or even 4 mm or inbetween) you should get away width after all its a lawnmower

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.