Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
So I decided it was time to sell up the golf and go for something with a bit more power. The ad was on donedeal for about two hours when I made the trip to Cork to pick up my 2001 polo 6n2 gti, I had been looking at them for a few weeks and this one seemed perfect. It has low mileage and a years nct and has all the standard gti spec xenons electric sunroof air con 6 disc changer. It came with a BMC CDA induction kit which sounds great and ta technix coilovers.
So far I have put anni red gti badges on it yellow lamin x on the fogs german plates thanks to Trevor and a small aerial. Hopefully during the week I will get some red trim for the grill. Tomorrow I am getting a dent removed from the bonnet and in the future I am planning either new wheels or refurb the old ones as I think they may look well with a polished lip I also am going to remove the rear wiper and get aero wipers for the front.
The car was on the site before and have been talking to the owner here is the old thread when it was on Borbets
Old thread.
Current pics below all comments and suggestions welcome will get better pics soon hopefully

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Ev'0 @ Apr 25 2012, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lovely little car man, I never like badges but those suit well!

Cheers yeah I would usually debadge but I think they suit it alright.

QUOTE (batmobile @ Apr 25 2012, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>very nice
cant go wrong with a 2 dr black car

Second one now at this stage

QUOTE (Burnsy1993 @ Apr 25 2012, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>seriouis car man.one of my friends has one and its a little rocket,,pure sleeper
best of luck

Yeah im having great fun at a few sets of traffic lights so far !

QUOTE (JoeGTI5 @ Apr 25 2012, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lovely car Myles. I like the original wheels, I'd get them refurbed if you can (maybe easier said than done).

Yeah im quite fond of them myself so I think il definatly refurb only 2 of them badly need it id ideally like a polished lip with a gun metal grey centre but to find some one to do it is the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Good stuff.

Well may you wear.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Whoa... this was outta the blue??
What happened to the red mk3??

Well wear man... love the GTIs You get a lot of extras for a neat price!
As for wheels... have a look at RadoGlenn's ones for inspiration.

Some spacers too would be sweet imo!
Best of luck with it!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (DonalM @ Apr 25 2012, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good stuff.

Well may you wear.

Thanks Donal.

QUOTE (zipupurmickey @ Apr 25 2012, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Drove one a few months ago, Lively little car.

Well wear and health to enjoy!

Cheers yeah its well nippy alright.

QUOTE (TDI inside @ Apr 25 2012, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well ware the car looks mint!

Thanks.

QUOTE (michael1 @ Apr 25 2012, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sweet looking car. I think they're about the only car that size I would love to have!
Who are you getting to take out the dent by the way?

Hey Michael thanks,im getting the dent out on the tuam road by one of those paintless dent removing fellas the dentman.ie he out at the westlink garage tomorrow and said hed fit me in.

QUOTE (APDTDI @ Apr 25 2012, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i think you should have left the front number plates the way Ivan put them on first looked better

How did you get the last of the glue of the badge in the end,

Oh and that front GTi badge makes it i think

No Tomas yourself and Ivan needed to go to specsavers ah the badges for the back have glue on them already.

QUOTE (J-GTi @ Apr 25 2012, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have you been inside my head??? I've laminx on the way as well as badges. It's just weird! Lol

Anyway well ware!

Haha theyl be identical soon enough must meet up and get a we photoshoot some day, im still thinking of a few other mods

QUOTE (Project B5 @ Apr 25 2012, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Whoa... this was outta the blue??
What happened to the red mk3??

Well wear man... love the GTIs You get a lot of extras for a neat price!
As for wheels... have a look at RadoGlenn's ones for inspiration.

Some spacers too would be sweet imo!
Best of luck with it!!

Cheers Liam, ha i dunno what happend the mk3 I just fancied something a little newer and the spec on this was just perfect, Im a tall man in a small car though! will think about spacers with bolts this time alright!! I would love to get the wheels on it in a anthracite colour with polished lips time will tell.

QUOTE (GTIAnniversary1546 @ Apr 25 2012, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks very well mate.
Smaller isnt always less.

Was it you that was parked in middle street today in galway???

Thanks yep that was me I thought that was you walking by when I was pulling away.

QUOTE (poloracer @ Apr 25 2012, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lovely car this was the investment after

best of luck with would love one myself

cheers bud

QUOTE (eoghanroe @ Apr 25 2012, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks lovely Myles. Your plans sound good too.

I'll have to get a spin it with you one of the evenings.

No bother Eoghan am around all weekend so can give you a buzz after work, you will have to bring the camera and get some good pics.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
This belonged to a friend of mine. She called her Zoe! She got the gearbox and clutch done there in Jan or Feb. The mileage is genuine and it drives very well.

Well wear.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.