Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
nakgti
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have this a few years now,,, (06 to be exact).. Was of the road most of that time waiting to go back on it.....Only got it back on the road for Dubshed..... Not much left to do but get a set of coilovers for it...
Not many about in factory Silver that i know off??? Could be wrong, But she's my baby anyhow
So here sheis for ya

That is she,,,,,,

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Ah man, don't lower it too much. Takes away from originality.

It is one of the cleanest cars i've seen in a long time. Had a good nosey at Dubshed.

·
Registered
651 Posts
very nice, very nice indeed...

·
Daz.
1,709 Posts
Spotted it at Dubshed as well, spotlessly clean and very original looking. I have a silver '86 mk2 waiting to get a full restoration...must get the finger out!

Not to many silver ones around anymore. Looking forward to seeing it on coilovers, any photos of the interior?

·
Low'N'Wide
480 Posts
Stunning!!! Im with the others on lowering it, will take away originality but everyone to their own!
Where abouts in Donegal are ya from?

·
nakgti
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers folks thanks for all the compliments,,,,, Nice to hear such positive words on my wee baby,,,,,
Darragh,, Get that 86 finished then there'll be three that i know of on the green Isle....! Only know of one other silver one up north.... I really love the colour thats why i can't ever see me selling it....Will get ya a few pics of the interior, just been a bit lazy with the pics..
As for lowering it...Hmmmm the million dollar question????? I kinda think she needs to go down a touch,,,????? Not everyone gets the fact that she's original as she sits.... I didn't change one of the headlights cos it was original and has the reg etched into it (the reg came with the car, even the glass has it),, so i didn't change it.... Not many see these things and all ya hear is coils, air , smooth etc...
@ David ,,, Not far from ya, from just down the road... Lifford.

·
Daz.
1,709 Posts
Im the same i will never sell mine, i have it 12 years already!

I would defo lower it a bit, just gives them a nicer look. I have coilovers in mine, just gives the option to mess around and get it sitting to your liking.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
looks spotless

never seen a silver one before and i like it

and i would drop it a small bit aswell
but not much..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.