Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my Touareg in Bradys through the guy I deal with there in Sales, I got all the info from Sheehys in Naas as Bradys dont sell Tregs, and gave it to Bradys and they beat it by a grand.

Any dealing with Sheehys was like pulling teeth, finding were the Jeep was, when it arriving, when Bradys can collect it etc........

They had'nt got a clue to be honest, the icing on the cake was Sheehys registered it and Bradys sent a tow truck to collect it, I got my tax form to tax it and the feckers in Sheehys gave me someone elses reg plate and vin number.

So there is somebody waiting to collect a Toureag and cant until I get a new reg number, the reg I have at the moment is 06 D 29125, but I'm sure my new one will be well in the 30,000's now, I'm meant to be getting a new reg number today.

Has anyone heard of this happening before?

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
Ah good old sheehys at it again.............

Where would i start on those lot,lets just say a troop of travelling midget romanian blind circus monkeys would service the average car more thoroughly than this lot!

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
Something similar happened a friend of mine last year with an A3. He got a personalised reg and when he went to tax it the issue was highlighted. He lost the reg as he lied where he was from when registering the car. he wanted a C plate instead of a KY.

·
Registered
713 Posts
This happens from time to time where dealers register the wrong chassis. Usually only happens where they have 2 similar cars in stock, ie 2 blue Touregs, or 2 silver something else etc. Its just down to the dealer not being careful enough.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (PGTi @ Mar 16 2006, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Brady's don't sell Tregs?

What sort of a setup is that?

Not all VW garages sell Tregs, you have to have a big fancy showroom to sell them

QUOTE (8valver @ Mar 16 2006, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This happens from time to time where dealers register the wrong chassis. Usually only happens where they have 2 similar cars in stock, ie 2 blue Touregs, or 2 silver something else etc. Its just down to the dealer not being careful enough.

Thats what happened 2 blue Touaregs

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Happened a mate of mine a few yrs back too, just made up wrong plates with the right numbers, just in the wrong order!

·
Registered
126 Posts
QUOTE (PD150 @ Mar 16 2006, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not all VW garages sell Tregs, you have to have a big fancy showroom to sell them

Yeah its sad to see that all the good dealers are being replaced by dealers whose big fancy showrooms seem to compensate for their utter incompetence!!!
Saddened to see last night that Paddy Lumleys (former VW) garage in Kimmage has closed. Its a pity that we have lost so many good dealers just because they didn't have nice showrooms.

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
QUOTE (Kamikaze @ Mar 16 2006, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah its sad to see that all the good dealers are being replaced by dealers whose big fancy showrooms seem to compensate for their utter incompetence!!!
Saddened to see last night that Paddy Lumleys (former VW) garage in Kimmage has closed. Its a pity that we have lost so many good dealers just because they didn't have nice showrooms.

Well for years sheehys had crap showrooms hidden in an industrial estate and they still offered a crap service,unless you were driving an A8 the nthey liked you - werent too keen on the old MKIV golf or bora 1.4 only their biggest selling car like!

·
Registered
888 Posts
QUOTE (PD150 @ Mar 16 2006, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not all VW garages sell Tregs, you have to have a big fancy showroom to sell them

So, does Gerry Brady intend investing in new premises? Must be difficult when he's competing against his own supplier just down the road, Park Motors, on the Navan Road.

Even Brady's Merc showroom is pretty pathetic , by modern standards. And, can you imagine what the real estate for the two garages would be worth to a developer?

·
Registered
713 Posts
QUOTE (PGTi @ Mar 16 2006, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So, does Gerry Brady intend investing in new premises? Must be difficult when he's competing against his own supplier just down the road, Park Motors, on the Navan Road.

The only thing he would be competing with is potential financial backing for development. MDL couldnt be seen to be supplying any of the MSL garages at a lower price. Favouritism wouldnt be allowed as there would be too much of a backlash for them.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Prob not the best place to slate a garage but I see your frustration Dave, you would think details like this could be sorted on a 50+K purchase.

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
QUOTE (Baza @ Mar 16 2006, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Prob not the best place to slate a garage but I see your frustration Dave, you would think details like this could be sorted on a 50+K purchase.

The details should be right whether you are buying a lupo or a Touareg,nothing getting a dig at you baza, but this is part of the problem in this country the old " Sure it cost 60,000 it would want to be right mentality" if i go in an buy a clapped out old polo from sheehys i expect the same service as id get if i was buynig an A8 or Touareg or whatever it may be.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
QUOTE (Baza @ Mar 16 2006, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Prob not the best place to slate a garage but I see your frustration Dave, you would think details like this could be sorted on a 50+K purchase.

Nothing wrong with slating a garage once the details are factual Baza.

Dave - happened to my Dad with Grange before, they sorted it pretty quickly once they copped what had happened.

·
Registered
888 Posts
My last company car was purchased (we've moved to Leasing).

As a car nut, I toured the dealerships looking for various models, needing written quotations on selected cars.

Out of 16 dealerships, 14 of them never bothered their ar5es getting back to me. One dealership looked after me, gave me the car for as long as I wanted, for a test. They got the order.

Hats off to Johnson and Perott, Volvo dealers Cork.

(Coincidently my current co car is leased from a different division of J&P)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I bought a PD130 Golf from Sheehys before in the first year they had the car for 4 months in total due to various issues with it.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Dave would this mean that you have no insurance since the car you insured is not the one you're driving?

If you know what i mean!

·
Registered
888 Posts
You'll find all Insurance Policies stipulate the policy covers the vehicle with the Registration number noted. The man has been covered.

Now, if the car had been stolen, then it might have been a different matter, given chassis numbers would then be involved.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Barry, Bradys did everything spot on, on the sales side of things as usual
The sales guy I deal with in Bradys is very good to deal with, well Sheehys Naas, now thats a different story all together, everything they did involving the order went pear shaped

QUOTE (neil @ Mar 16 2006, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dave would this mean that you have no insurance since the car you insured is not the one you're driving?

I dont think our insurance company even has the reg yet
, our fleet policy is ammended every 6 months

1 - 19 of 19 Posts