Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well lads heres my new gti and have to say... wow! the power difference and quallity

SPEC:

01 GTI 1.8 20v turbo
cream heated leather recaros
mettalic blue
traction control
wood trim
foglights
16" montreals in great nick

put it onto the vagcom last night and all it needs is a MAF meter which i was impressed with seems like a well minded example

havnt got many pics yet vil wait till the sun comes out but heres one the brother took yesterday while me and a mate were playing with it haha!!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (BA4 @ Jun 12 2011, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ah man looks sweet, you'll have to call round and show me tat

was up with matty last night man but was a bit late to be callinup t ur gaf so i mite buzz round tday r suhum
u do ur usual polishing routine today??

·
Registered
231 Posts
QUOTE (tdimad @ Jun 12 2011, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>was up with matty last night man but was a bit late to be callinup t ur gaf so i mite buzz round tday r suhum
u do ur usual polishing routine today??

Ah was probably chillin man,, eh no not with the rain lol, was txtin matty last nigh, get him to buzz me b4 ya call up

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi and welcome to 1.8t club.

If it's a big jump in power now, then wait till you it mapped. If it's a aum engine thats been looked after then Joe can get 200 / 210 from a map and 60bhp extra makes it a hole new car...

Best of luck with it.

Peter

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (ShaunieVW @ Jun 12 2011, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>very nice buddy! Love this colour and all, cream leather is rare enough aswell, Being an 01 it could very well be an AUM, mine is, if it is it has the ko3s turbo

cheers lads have to say very impressed and a remap is definately on the cards it seems to be very well minded all the vag com can fault is a dirty air flow meter!!.. remap is a must, this yoke copuld do with a good clean maybe buffing the paint it has som white dots on the front wings bonnet and bumper but its nt stone chips beocause i cleaned up one of the wings completely with some tcut thats all it needs now
my faith in german reliability is now restored!! haha

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice car, well ware! Love the blue and cream conbo too

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Cheap car well worth that money. Well wear.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
woo just seen it is in fact an AUM
and new job now so remap is definately on the cards, job is a fair oul trek in to ballyfermot everyday so mite grab my self a cheap tdi yoke for work!! il see how this one fairs out doesnt seem as bad as i was expectin on the juice!! more pics to come shortly in the middle of gliptoneing the seats as we speak

·
Mr Magoo
4,282 Posts
well wear dude
whats the plans

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (Mk3McG @ Jun 14 2011, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well wear dude
whats the plans

plans so far go something like this

4mo front and rear valance

catback milltek

thinkin of joey modded projector lights from the r32

contemplating a U.S spec front

and will get pics up later

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.