Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey lads,
I said goodbye to my MKV GTI yesterday (sadly I have to say) and this is her replacement... I was gonna wait till I got a set of Trevor's germans on it, but we've had blue skies and sunshine here today for the first time since..... errrrrrr?

Anyway, here she is... I'm loving it so far! I can't believe how different it feels to the GTI. Smoother, quieter (except at idle!), just feels more cocooned, more insulated from the road. I'm pretty impressed with the power, but I really haven't stretched it yet. Only plans for the moment are the german plates and maybe in a little while I'll try to pick up an RNS 510 (or even an RCD 510 as I'm not bothered about the sat nav bit). I'm a bit dubious about all the ones in Ebay from Lithuania though... dodgy or not?!

·
Scrap Man
0 Posts
sweet machine man, well ware feckin jealous

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL, thanks Danny! Yeah, the LED DRL's are standard with xenons now. They can be turned off via the MFD. Personally I like them, but I know they divide opinion strongly over on UK forums! The rear leds are lovely too. I believe they started fitting LED rear number plate led's from build week 22, mine was built the week before that so I just missed out... I'll probably try retro-fitting them sometime.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Its something that I've been wanting to do is retro fit all the lights to led or similar
for the exterior and interior. Are they available anywhere?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (dannymac @ Jun 11 2011, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its something that I've been wanting to do is retro fit all the lights to led or similar
for the exterior and interior. Are they available anywhere?

I was reading about the retro-fit of number plate LED's here: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=194966.0
It's an open question as to whether it causes dash bulb-out errors or not... waiting for someone with a MK6 to try it!

·
Registered
276 Posts
QUOTE (JoeGTI5 @ Jun 11 2011, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was reading about the retro-fit of number plate LED's here: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=194966.0
It's an open question as to whether it causes dash bulb-out errors or not... waiting for someone with a MK6 to try it!

They look well alright in the link. That someone to try it may well be me!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Very nice.
Well wear.

It probably looks even better in person.

How do you find the handling compared to the Mk5??.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
QUOTE (DonalM @ Jun 11 2011, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice.
Well wear.

It probably looks even better in person.

How do you find the handling compared to the Mk5??.

Thanks Donal
It does look the biz in the metal... its hard to do it justice with my rubbish camera skills. I'm glad I went with white, people seem shocked that I did as I'm far from the shouty type!

I had the MKV for 4 years and it almost felt like a 2nd skin at this stage, I could nearly drive it with my eyes closed and i'd know where it would go

This does feel "different"... the steering seems lighter actually. It feels very planted... no scrambling for grip when I put the foot down like the MKV sometimes tended to do... it feels very assured... but then again, as I said, I really haven't pushed it yet. There's a nice growl from the exhaust too, doesn't seem diesel-y at all!

Interior is just leagues ahead in terms of quality, its early days but there's not a squeek in it, it feels very well screwed together, it's almost Phaeton-like

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.