Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first thanks to anyone who helps.

I've just acquired a W reg (2000) mk4 gti 2.0L 115bhp it does need a little work. its mainly exterior work thats need but a little interior work as well.

I'm in need of a little help tho
heres the story when i got this mk4 there was a custom built-in Sat Nav unit, so i decided to take it out and behind it was a nice big gaping hole in the dash
so i ordered me a new one, it was lovely and new, untill i had to fit it, I know a lot of people will cringe when i tell them what ive done well here goes when i was taking the steering wheel off i cut the immobiliser cables
and now its saying immobiliser activated, now ive connected the cables back up but its still saying active. ive tryed to take the battery off all night but with no success and im baffled.

Could anyone help me please

Thanks very much

·
Registered
806 Posts
QUOTE (nod mk4 @ Apr 10 2011, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>First things first thanks to anyone who helps.

I've just acquired a W reg (2000) mk4 gti 2.0L 115bhp it does need a little work. its mainly exterior work thats need but a little interior work as well.

I'm in need of a little help tho
heres the story when i got this mk4 there was a custom built-in Sat Nav unit, so i decided to take it out and behind it was a nice big gaping hole in the dash
so i ordered me a new one, it was lovely and new, untill i had to fit it, I know a lot of people will cringe when i tell them what ive done well here goes when i was taking the steering wheel off i cut the immobiliser cables
and now its saying immobiliser activated, now ive connected the cables back up but its still saying active. ive tryed to take the battery off all night but with no success and im baffled.

Could anyone help me please

Thanks very much

Can you post a pic of the cable you cut, becuase the immobiliser wire wouldn't near the steerin wheel, it goes from the back of the cluster to the ignition barrel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (APDTDI @ Apr 10 2011, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can you post a pic of the cable you cut, becuase the immobiliser wire wouldn't near the steerin wheel, it goes from the back of the cluster to the ignition barrel

Ye ill get some pics up for you, they are the two wires (BLACK & GREEN) that come out off the barrel.

its doing my head in that i cant figure out what i need to do

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (nod mk4 @ Apr 11 2011, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ye ill get some pics up for you, they are the two wires (BLACK & GREEN) that come out off the barrel.

its doing my head in that i cant figure out what i need to do

HOW DO YOU GET 1 MB PICS ON THIS FORUM ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.