Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Laura
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of searching and saving I've finally got myself another golf, a mk3 tdi. Has the gti interior (which is mint!), deep dish alloys and coilovers. Its lovely to drive, isnt rotten underneath and is a miser on fuel what more could ya want

Needs some bit's and bobs! two new back tyres, gear selector needs to be adjusted, some welding on the exhaust, sunroof needs a bit of tlc (its taped shut
), and other small little things like a decent radio.

Pics are below, just gave it a quick bath so when I get the chance it'll get a proper wash and wax

I love how low it is, a bit impractical for the roads around where I live but I dont care!

Dont know the make of the wheels, think they look well though

Sunroof needs to be seen to

Should be on the road 100% next week

and my dad insists i raise it up on inch front and back but we'll see

·
its pronounced Conor D........... Ray!!&#
5,614 Posts
nice one. trust me though you don't need to raise that up. its really not that low that it would cause you any bother. best of luck with it

·
Low'N'Wide
480 Posts
Nice example, i like the wheels and as said look like Brock B2s. Is it on coilovers? It doesnt seem that low unless the ground on which the photos were taken is a hill?

·
Laura
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (conord @ Sep 2 2011, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice one. trust me though you don't need to raise that up. its really not that low that it would cause you any bother. best of luck with it

I know thats what i keep telling my dad

QUOTE (mk2-lover @ Sep 2 2011, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The wheels look a bit like Brock B2's but im not too sure
Nice car

Have no idea what the wheels are, will google brock B2 to see if they are them

QUOTE (David.1.9TDi @ Sep 2 2011, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice example, i like the wheels and as said look like Brock B2s. Is it on coilovers? It doesnt seem that low unless the ground on which the photos were taken is a hill?
I love the wheels, it was the first thing I liked when I saw the car on done deal

Yeah its on coilovers, the ground is uneven in that pic so it dosent look low. Its not super low though, just compared to the jeep I was driving all summer it feels like im sitting on tarmac all the time
Ill have a heap of proper pics up in the next few weeks

·
Laura
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Small Update:
-Door lock fixed
-Brakes adjusted, and rear drums painted
-Gear select adjusted (I can now get into 1st and reverse without going into second yay
)
-Heap of shite radio removed and a nicer one put in its place. will get a sony xplod after a while
-speaker wires tidied and dash speakers replaced and are now working!
-2/4 arches rolled

90% of the above done by my dad and 10% done by me

Few more bits to do, I love pictures btw.....this thread will be pic heavy

coilovers ftw!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Did you look in the back of the wheel when you had it off to see what make they are?

Nice car btw, I've a set of Rh cups in 8x15 that are "identical" to your wheels (bar center caps, i've vauxhall in mine)

·
Laura
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (Keith-n @ Sep 6 2011, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did you look in the back of the wheel when you had it off to see what make they are?

Never thought to! will have the front ones off today id say and ill have a look. Tried to find what brand of coilovers are on but couldnt find a name

·
Laura
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
small update! Tracking done, part of exhaust welded, sunroof is never going to work again so its been re-taped up, rear brake light wire repaired, and a few other bits and bobs that I cant think of at the moment! On the road now so im happy out! Needs a good wash and after that ill through up a few pics.

·
Registered
24 Posts
im glad to see that my old car is still gettin the attention it deserves. it was my first car and i sold it on bout this time last year,still regret sellin. best of luck with it, its lookin really well!!

·
Laura
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (jkgolf @ Sep 12 2011, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>im glad to see that my old car is still gettin the attention it deserves. it was my first car and i sold it on bout this time last year,still regret sellin. best of luck with it, its lookin really well!!

Thanks, its a great car
, would take it anyday over my old mk5 tdi golf

Out of curiosity, did the sunroof ever work for you?

·
Registered
427 Posts
QUOTE (mugly @ Sep 12 2011, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Genuine 3dr tdi bud? looks lovely
Don't see many of these around if so...love my 3dr tdi

Tis a cool motor indeed. I had a tdi 3dr once, came from NI originally i think, sold it about 4 years ago, never saw it again until 3 weeks ago when i saw it twice in the one week. It's now got a couple of rust holes

·
Registered
24 Posts
QUOTE (batmobile @ Sep 12 2011, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks, its a great car
, would take it anyday over my old mk5 tdi golf

Out of curiosity, did the sunroof ever work for you?

na i could never get it workin, i tried tho. when i got it,it was siliconed shut and was a pain in the arse to get open.
only thing im not gone on is the gti arches and skirts on it

@mugly: yea its original tdi, came in from england i think

·
Laura
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (jkgolf @ Sep 13 2011, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>na i could never get it workin, i tried tho. when i got it,it was siliconed shut and was a pain in the arse to get open.
only thing im not gone on is the gti arches and skirts on it

@mugly: yea its original tdi, came in from england i think

Its taped shut now
, was sure my dad would be able to fix it but no joy! Dont mind the gti arches n skirts, I didnt like the headlights at first but they look pretty cool at night so I decided to keep them, had planned to put mk4 lights on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i never needed to tape it. if you get someone to push down on it while you close it using the motor, it should close tight enough and prevent any leaks. thats what worked for me anyways.
you got any more plans for it?? and if your ever thinkin of sellin, give me a shout.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.