Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, As most of u know i just bought Marks old Raddo. Managaed to clock up 1200 miles so far and ever one has brought a smile to my face! Its so nice to be driving a quick car again! Here are some updated pictures i took at the weekend, apologies for the poor lighting.......

Plans for it include coilovers, full stainless system, remote oil cooler and some more polish!! Piant is mint, and keeping it that way is gonna be difficult! Its my daily driver and some people have said i'm stupid to have such a clean car as a daily hack........ My answer: I bought it to drive it, simple as!!!!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Wow looks fantastic Barry. I kind of regret selling it and was just looking through my old photos of it remembering the day I brought it back from England.

How you finding the power. I would of loved to of had it RR'd. Im sure its not a million miles of 190 brake with a hugh amount of torque.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The torgue is amazing, and its all very useable! Had a good root through the paperwork, found the Rolling road printouts, quite interesting!!

I love driving it, Took it for a spin upto Belfast 2 weekends ago and it was great, 36mpg, driving sensibly! And it still embarresed a few 6 series beemers and 1 particualr to$$er in a 325i. Gets the looks too, which is nice!!!

Hope to get a remote oil cooler, try to keep everything under the 100 degrees. Also an SNS chip....... Love that intercooler though! ;-)

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Nice looking machine, best of luck with it

·
Registered
170 Posts
Great looking Corrado Barry. It is always a sign of a great car when there is such a strong following for them years after they have gone out of production.

I have noticed a lot of them coming in from the UK in recent times too. If I had not got the scirocco I might have got one for myself too.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
yea looks very nice
best of luck with it and enjoy

get some lupo wipers on it, how are the std ones working??

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Nice car Bohall

Any one ever wonder could vw have made it rear wheel drive, just for laughs! With the shape and weight of the rear, it woulda/coulda/shoulda been dynamite!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sweet car.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers for the comments guys!

A few teething problems at the mo but hope to get them all sorted pronto! Bearings gone in the altenator as of last night, whining quite badly so its parked up till i can get one fitted. been looking on vortex, seems its a common problem since the belt has to be so tight to reduce slip on the charger......

Anyone know how handy they are do do???

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Ahh thats a bummer Barry. As far as I the alternator is unique to the G60. Should be a handy enough job to replace (had it off when the charger was removed before). Only problem might be getting the tensioner compressed enough when refitting the belt. Im talking about the spring tensioner with the black cap that is beside the alternator. I think the trick is try and fit it back to the its bolt from the rear rather then from the front. not sure that makes sense to you.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It kind of makes sence alright, i dont have to take the charger off first do i??

I got a diagram of the way the belt goes etc, should be handy enough.... on to GSF i get!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
no , no need to go near the charger. Belt is only recent too so shouldnt have to go changing the whole thing. alternator is only held in place with a couple of bolts and handy to get at aswell. Just undo the nut the holds the spring tensioner cap in place and pop it off to slackin the belt. Dont worry there is not too much tnesion it so it dosent need to be compressed. Undo the alternator bolts and that should be it.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just picked up the altenator, fitting it tonight. Is it normal not to get the pulley with the altenator???

1 - 20 of 51 Posts