Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
fantastic looking raddo mate not a scratch on it
and im loving thoes wheels

have you lowered it or is it standard height??

G

·
Hi lads,

Yeah thats the intercooler Rich. Really transformed how the car drives. Just nice clean uninterrupted power and torque now. Have to get it on a RR to see what it makes.

Its just normal ride hieght ben. It has Koni dampers but its harsh enough as it is without droppping it. Who knows. Maybe when the weather gets better I might lower it.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
yeah the G60's are hard out of the factory but lowering it on koni's and Eibach springs seems to be the way to go, my 16v, in another thread has them, and its just nice to drive and not too harsh

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have Eibachs at home that the last owner had fitted then removed after a few weeks cause he didnt like how it felt. Maybe one day Ill have too much spare time on my hands and Ill fit them.

Hey Glenn. Had a feeling you would like the wheels. Would like some wider rims for them but they aint cheap and of course then I would really have to lower it.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
QUOTE my 16v, in another thread has them, and its just nice to drive and not too harsh

ive being considering ungraging the shocks and lowering my valver but ide be afraid that it would make the
ride s**te i will probebly just upgrade the shocks and not lower it along with the new wheels...
whenever i win the lotto

·
Resident Polo Pervert
5,183 Posts
Corrado looks well Mark, never thought you'd be able to out do your 16v mk2 but by the looks of it you have.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its a tidy car alright but it aint perfect. Kinda miss the 16v though. Love the rev happy nature. Someday ll get back into one.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As much as I would of liked to keep the mk2 there is only room on the driveway for so many cars and having it sitting there with no insurance was just asking for trouble really. Sure its gone to a good home and it will be looked after for many more years to come.

As for the corrado. It has a fairly detailed service history with tons of money spent on it and was with the last owner for 9 years !! It had 96k on the clock and was going for a better price then the rest of the G60's at the time. Its was unmodified apart from a chip and pully so I took the gamble and flew over and ended up buying it. A tempemental kind of car with a mind of its own. In that I mean when things go wrong its usaully a number of things but thankfully these have only being small issues and the car is going really well now. Id say its in the 180-190bhp bracket.

Here is my old golf

1 - 20 of 34 Posts