Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 394 Posts

·
back to 80s
1,822 Posts
Hi lads, was looking for a good jetta for a while now , as you know I ve been driving bmw for 1.5 years and really missed the vw so decided to get myself a jetta
. I came across very fresh add today on donedeal and went to have a look at the car straight away, even tho it was darkish and raining and guess what ? I ended up driving it back home
with no wipers and blower working which gave up 1hr before my arrival ( ya know well whats the weather like today haha
), anyway drove it home 60km tonite and I absolutely love it ! The interior and exterior is very clean, engine starts on the button and is poky enough , not even one rattle or knock ! Was serviced two days ago along with new battery. Mechanicaly 100% and feels new to drive, gearbox very tight. The underbody is cleaner than my mk3 !, perfect floor and sills !. The only rust I could find is small bit on scuttle panel
. Few stonechips and other marks on the car , but nothing to worry about

Anyway its a 1.6D with 235kmiles on it , I have old log book for it , theres 3 owners on it , the last owner had it for 15 years ! There is original service book for it and owners manual
. She has powersteering and nice darkish interior
. The plans are to clean it ( not huge job
) , take the tow bar of ( first thing tomorrow haha ) and then probably some weellers , 13 or 14s maybe 15s , coilovers, camber shims, german plates, laminax etc. I am very happy
. Didnt take any pics of it yet as its kind of nite now
haha , but will tomorrow. For now I have few pics from add.

·
Mr Magoo
4,282 Posts
ah good to see you got a jetta
was nice chatting to you at the gandon

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
glad to hear you got a jetta in the end

it looks to be a good one and sounds really clean.
good luck and i hope youl be bringing it to the next athlone meet

·
back to 80s
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (jetta gtd @ Feb 6 2011, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice base you have there !
my old jetta was that colour aswell imo that colour is way nicer than red and alot less common
good luck

I like red jettas, but blue is ok too, once I give her a wash and some tire dresser it will look much better

QUOTE (kadett 244 @ Feb 6 2011, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why isn't it lowered yet???

No rush
, she will be down eventually

QUOTE (Mk3McG @ Feb 6 2011, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ah good to see you got a jetta
was nice chatting to you at the gandon

Thanks man . Are your headlights and indicator lenses in gunsmoke tint or subtle tint ? ,I need to get some myself.

QUOTE (mk2maniac @ Feb 6 2011, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>glad to hear you got a jetta in the end

it looks to be a good one and sounds really clean.
good luck and i hope youl be bringing it to the next athlone meet

Thanks man , yeah will bring it down for sure

When the weather clears I will give it small clean and take few snaps , now its very manky outside.....

I am gonna order new vinyl for the pillars today , and book car to the sprayer to touch up few bits, mite get some blue paint tomorrow and paint hubcaps , just for now before I get new wheels. Thinking of painting the grill blue or red like gti`s as well.

·
Declan
1,633 Posts
Nice one Kamil, good to see you're back in a VW. Didn't see you at Gandon unfortunately. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Have a look on Ebay.de for a nice set pf wheels for it.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
QUOTE (ventojetta @ Feb 6 2011, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice one Kamil, good to see you're back in a VW. Didn't see you at Gandon unfortunately. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Have a look on Ebay.de for a nice set pf wheels for it.
I have allready PMd him a set from there

·
Mr Magoo
4,282 Posts
QUOTE (6n2Polow @ Feb 6 2011, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>At least its not dented yet
Best of luck with the car Volf

LOL

@ Volf the lights and indicators are done in Gunsmoke

·
back to 80s
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks lads , was dark last nite when I was getting her
today I noticed few other marks on her but still think its very good car
QUOTE (DubTechAndy @ Feb 6 2011, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Seems like a decent little car there kamil, Petrol blue is the colour.
Thats what you should have been looking for in the beginning, a cl project..
Its no GL but its a decent start.
Any parts you need give me a shout..
Thanks Andy , yeah its far from GL , but money was good so I cant be picky.
You are right that I should look for something like that at the beginnin, but good that I had a look at other options as well

Yeah I will need few bits ! , will let ya know !
Actually , today when I was openin her , something fell off the back of the handle and dropped inside the door , and the lock came out with the key ?
Is that easy fix ?

QUOTE (ventojetta @ Feb 6 2011, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice one Kamil, good to see you're back in a VW. Didn't see you at Gandon unfortunately. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Have a look on Ebay.de for a nice set pf wheels for it.
Yeah finally back ! cant wait to have a spin to some show again
. I came to gandon late, maybe thats why you didnt see me
Yep gonna watch ebay now everyday

QUOTE (kadett 244 @ Feb 6 2011, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have allready PMd him a set from there
Oh there were nice
, hope to get something like them soon.

QUOTE (Mk3McG @ Feb 6 2011, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>LOL

@ Volf the lights and indicators are done in Gunsmoke
Cheers

QUOTE (mk2-lover @ Feb 6 2011, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>MO reg is the way to go

I dont mind

1 - 20 of 394 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.