Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
QUOTE (Insomniac @ Feb 23 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My first car was a 6N polo 5dr. Yours looks nice and clean, would you think of lowering it?
and why did you blank out the reg in one pic, but not the others?

the blank out reg plate is my fault! i thought i better not show his full reg incase he didn't want it but sure on one of his photos it shows the remaining numbers.
my first car was a polo 6n too. it was a 95 reg 1.3! very rare. i tried to get a replacement engine for it but i couldn't. they came out as 1.4 after about 6months of the release as far as i know. mine was 'dragon' green 3dr with 15" alloys on it and i called it betsy. i brought it everywhere and had it for 7years. finally traded it in in sheehy motors in carlow at 140k miles. i miss betsy...

·
back to 80s
1,822 Posts
-40mm is practical enough
, I lowered my golf in january and havent got any problems yet
, drive it everyday.

Was it hard to mask the grille to spray that piece in blue ? . I wanted to do the same to my ventos grille , but using red colour .... but couldnt mask it nicely, yours look very tidy

Anyway, thats a clean polo, well wear with it

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Volf @ Feb 23 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>-40mm is practical enough
, I lowered my golf in january and havent got any problems yet
, drive it everyday.

Was it hard to mask the grille to spray that piece in blue ? . I wanted to do the same to my ventos grille , but using red colour .... but couldnt mask it nicely, yours look very tidy

Anyway, thats a clean polo, well wear with it

I was thinking -40mm too. I'm still worried about lowering it though because I drive lots of country roads and my job involves driving too.
Car in good condition > car with good looks IMO.

Ok about the blue GTi strip... I cheated a little bit. It's a sticker. Bit tacky but you'd be none the wiser if you were just looking in the rear view mirror

Maybe you could give the sticker a shot?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.