Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner

Mkv Rocker Cover

2K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  Flanders 
#1 ·
Can anyone help me with a little problem i am having. Yesterday i fitted a pipercross air filter onto my mkv golf,now as you all know this means i had to take of the plastic engine cover which also incorporated the main air intake leaving eveything exposed so to speak.can i buy a universal rocker cover to fit over the exposed parts yet still leave me with the room to keep the new air filter?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,thanking you in advance

Discussion starter · #4 ·
i was told i couldnt get 1 to fit the MKV if you know of anywhere id be very grateful,as it stands deres a lovely little "hum" coming coming off her but i do not want to damage anything etc. im no tech head so id rather jus get it done professsionally, the bloke who put the existing filter in said there wouldn be any problems.
Just thought id put it out here and see what you all think???

Discussion starter · #8 ·
can any1 tell me where i could get the Panel filter?
dis is prob de biggest "boy racer" comment ever but
i like the hum i get off the existing filter i have.am i goin to lose
this if i get a panel filter on it?
plus with the rocker cover off @ the minute am i going to
damage anything?

Be careful with the induction kit as those air flow meters are very sensitive.
[/quote]

@ Brendan,can you explain this to me a little bit more?

Discussion starter · #10 ·
im just a little worried see im not a technical head @ all so i DO NOT want to damage anything needlessly
after spending 22k on her.can i get something made up just to cover the spark plug casings and wiring etc.>??

Discussion starter · #13 ·
@ Brendan you wouldnt have a number for that place GSF? i would bring it to a VW dealer but i was warned if any VW dealers see any after market parts on the car thay will deem the warranty null and void!!!NOt good @ all.
Yea its the VW cover that says 1.4 on it,it covers all the relay cables (i think) and the base for the spark plugs!

Discussion starter · #20 ·
thanks a lot ppl...im a noobie and you all make me feel like im @ home *wiping tear from my eye*

im not driving her hard @ all so i dont think i am doin the engine any harm.is this GSF place
a VW dealer or jus a motor factors or...???

Discussion starter · #22 ·
cheers thats great. a lotta help her as i was told there would be. So the general consenses*spelling* is that the new filter should go as it will cause damage!!

cheers thats great. a lotta help her as i was told there would be. So the general consenses*spelling* is that the new filter should go as it will cause damage!!

Discussion starter · #24 ·
sorry but what is MAF???
Yea ill either take it off or else look for a heat shield to ensure a cold air feed

Discussion starter · #27 ·
im not doing it to try and increase the BHP im resided to the fact that its not a quick car @ all i just like the small sound it gives.i know thats a pure boy racer commment but its what i like.
@ the same time i just dont want to damage my car in any way

Discussion starter · #32 ·
gonna take the filter out until i know someone else has put one in successfully
and covered up any other parts that are left exposed.
id rather be safe den sorry

Discussion starter · #34 ·
took the filter off her,she'a back to plain now,i just ordered the Rieger Light Brows and Martin in Westward was quite helpful too, im getting a K&N panel filter from them.
Things are starting to move,all be it slow, but moving!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.