Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Formerly mark_eire
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Gti has been running a bit rough the last few week's, only when it's cold though.
Once I drive for a few minute's it's grand. I changed the spark plugs a few weeks back and one of the old one's was covered in oil, I dried it off and left it for a few days.
When I took the plug out a few days later to check if it was covered in oil again, it was!
I've swapped the coil pack to a different cylinder and it is now that cylinder that is getting oil in it. All the other cylinder's a bone dry.
I presume it's the coil pack that's faulty is it, can that be the cause of the oil getting into the cylinder though?
My coil part no's are 06B 905 115L (2 of those) and 06B 905 115R (2 of those)

·
Formerly mark_eire
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (chewypops @ Apr 17 2011, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>where is the oil???? what part of the plug?
is the car smokey on start up?

Oil is on the top of the plug, where the coil pack sit's onto it and also on the coil pack itself
The car isn't smokey at all really...

·
Formerly mark_eire
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (chewypops @ Apr 17 2011, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>oh.check the rocker cover seals. that is where the oil is coming from.

Thanks will do, why though is it only the cylinder where that particular coil pack is, I've moved it a few times and it's alway's only in that cylinder.....

·
Registered
441 Posts
QUOTE (mark_eire @ Apr 17 2011, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks will do, why though is it only the cylinder where that particular coil pack is, I've moved it a few times and it's alway's only in that cylinder.....
thats a tricky one
well your coils dont have an oil feed
i think its just the seals on the rocker cover..get back to me when to have them replaced

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.