Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner

Mk3 (vento) Speaker Set Up.

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Alan B. 
#1 ·
looking to improve the sound system in the vento.
currently its fitting with the small dash mounted speakers, a pioneer head unit,
and parcel shelf speakers. the ones on the shelf arent wired up, but it looks like there's some speaker wires tucked up in the shelf. they look like standard equipment as well, blaupunkt.

the front doors have plugs in them for speakers, but no speakers where fitted and the covers are fake grills, no holes to let sound out. am i right in saying that there wouldnt have been speakers in the doors from factory?

the rear doors are the same.
the foam liner doesnt even have a hole for the wires.

where do i start with this. i have a pair of door speakers here, that do work, i've plugged the dash wires in to them to test em, and wanted to fit them in the front doors, and plug the rear ones back in, but when i tried to attach the wires from the door to the speakers i have here, i got nothing.
same with the rears.

should i pull the head unit and see whats plugged in the back to start with?

See less See more
#2 ·
went at the vento again to sort the speakers, run wiring and such.
and found more wiring mess from the previous owner.

pics to follow, but as usual, theres two male plugs that go into the back of the head unit,

but then theres a third male, and fourth female plug aswell.

the two extra plugs are wired together as if they where bought as a harness and fitted aftermarket, with wires from deep behind the dash coming up and being spliced in, but they arent connected to anthing.
when i took the radio out, they where just sitting in the dash.

theres a black, red (fused), green(fused), yellow, orange, blue in the bundle coming up,
the yellow orange and blue are snipped.

the black is spliced into the black of the extra connectors,
green spliced into the red wire of the extra connectors,
red spliced into the yellow wire of the extra connectors,

the orange and blue wires on the connectors are left unconnected to anything other then each other,
and theres no green.

anyone know what im looking at here and what i need to do to tidy this mess up?
i'd like to try revert back to stock. and go from there.

i havent gone deeper to see where the wires go yet, but i believe the car was a taxi at one point which could explain the extra wires, but what exatly are they?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.