Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi all heres a few pictures of my 97 gl tdi.Its a great car can get 600 to a tank if i take it handy.It has a good few bits done to it witec suspention, gti interior, angel eyes,front fogs,drilled brakes,total closure alarm, vw service history up tp 70k and garage history up to current 133k runs great and pulls hard.hope you like them.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
love the colour and the fact its diesel!!! its hard to beat!!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks was not to mad on the colour but after a lot a searching i finally found this one hiddin up in fermanagh.It is a far cry from what it was wen i first got it.It had sloppy suspension, and a good few electrical probloms but as i once worked for annsley as a auto elect i sorted them out pretty quick.A tuning box soon found a new home under the bonnet to up the the go a bit,and witec stiffened things up nicely,followed by so me gti seats to hold me in and a sprinkle of ice to keep me happy.
Overall its a grand bus for luggin tools around and getting about.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I see you have rear door handles on the front, nice touch.
It sits nicely on the back, how much is it lowered? What bhp have you after fitting the tuning box?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Nice subtle touches to it, it looks to be sitting at a nice height

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it has a 40mm drop in her.Completly transformed the car.i say about 115bhp with a nice bit of torque too.Any ideas on where i could get a nice back box not a noisy one just two chrome pipes.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
have heard of mk3s having some running problems, coming from the north, turns out that they have catalytic converters! On a diesel 2.0lt . Supposedly what happens is wats in the catalytic converter brakes apart and ends up clogging the pipe further down.
What im getting at is, if your replacing the pipe, take into consideration that it may have a cat on her, as usually i dont think they do (in ireland anyway)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
may replace cat with bypass pipe anyone know if a corrado one would do.Need more power to as the bro,s new mk1 keeps humiliating me with fly-bys
and frightening spins around the back roads
that makes my car seem like a slug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts