Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above any help would be great! no its not much ov a change but wana do iy regardless! is it a straight forward swap? and will it pass a nct?

·
Registered
87 Posts
QUOTE (vdub4life98 @ Apr 5 2011, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>as above any help would be great! no its not much ov a change but wana do iy regardless! is it a straight forward swap? and will it pass a nct?

what year golf? facelift or prefacelift? what engine code was the 1.4 and what engine are you thinking of dropping in?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (ali-_d1936 @ Apr 6 2011, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what year golf? facelift or prefacelift? what engine code was the 1.4 and what engine are you thinking of dropping in?
well man its a 98 3dr black,the engine code is abd,and i want to put the 1.6 aks engine into it its the 100bhp version! or the 1.4 16v polo engine thats also 100bhp!

·
Formally the tongue twister KEV GTI TDI 150
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (vdub4life98 @ Apr 6 2011, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well man its a 98 3dr black,the engine code is abd,and i want to put the 1.6 aks engine into it its the 100bhp version! or the 1.4 16v polo engine thats also 100bhp!
Thats almost as crazy as the T4 transplant the other night!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (mac dubbin @ Apr 6 2011, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lol @ mossey

the 1.6 mk3 engine is a direct fit its the same block as the 1.4.
it will pass a test
cool man thats great to hear! cud i use the 1.4 gearbox aswell? what would you sujest, gti cams id like to do,4-2-1 manifold,chip,induction kit,and and a fuel presure regulator! what sort ov gains would i be lookin at{20-30 bhp?}

·
Registered
87 Posts
hmmm dont mean to hijack your thread, but iv been looking for a 1.4 engine for the last month, mine is multipoint inj the engine code is AEX, if the 1.6 drops right in i might look into getting one insted, what engine code am i lookign for tho? and i take it the looms the same just swap the ECU?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (ali-_d1936 @ Apr 7 2011, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hmmm dont mean to hijack your thread, but iv been looking for a 1.4 engine for the last month, mine is multipoint inj the engine code is AEX, if the 1.6 drops right in i might look into getting one insted, what engine code am i lookign for tho? and i take it the looms the same just swap the ECU?
well man no worries! in my opinion the 1.6 engine code is the best version of the 1.6 engine! you can get 75bhp and 100bhp model! 1.6 AKS [97BHP} Hope this was of help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.