Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a standard stockholm radio for my jetta off dubtechandy but now I realise I dont have the connector to wire it in

Anyone have one?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers
I'll get one in the morning

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i should have a power connector here somewhere, ill have a root around,if not you can use spade connectors on it.
do you want the speaker plugs too?i definatly have two of them ..

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (bri @ Apr 27 2011, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i should have a power connector here somewhere, ill have a root around,if not you can use spade connectors on it.
do you want the speaker plugs too?i definatly have two of them ..
Sorry for my stupidity but what is a spade connector? And what benefit would speaker plugs give me?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
QUOTE (kadett 244 @ Apr 29 2011, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry for my stupidity but what is a spade connector? And what benefit would speaker plugs give me?

these:

in the absence of the oe plug(i have,nt looked for one yet sorry) you can connect the power supply using them. you just need to identify the following spades,

+12v permanant feed
+12v ignition feed,
-12v ground
is there not a diagram on the top of the radio showing this?

you also need two of these plugs for to connect the left and right speaker cables to the rear of the radio.

ill let you know if i find a plug or i can wire the leads out for you if you like someday.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right, sure let me know when you get around to looking for it and if you cant find it I'll take the two speaker connecters and try and get some spade connectors.

Do you ever get the chance to go to the midlands meet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.