Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bitches be crazy.
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get this up and running as soon as possible.
any tips on where i should start? car's been sitting still for a few years,so what'l need replacing,ie bushes oil etc?also any common problems with them or general tips welcome.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Does it start and run?
Guess a full service on all fluids.
All filters.
Pads and new disc's.
A good check for any rust that may have started on the body.
The general stuff to start with man.

·
Bitches be crazy.
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Thescone @ Apr 19 2011, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does it start and run?
Guess a full service on all fluids.
All filters.
Pads and new disc's.
A good check for any rust that may have started on the body.
The general stuff to start with man.

sure does. yup gonna do the basics first,just wondering if i should be looking out for anything scirocco specific.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Mechanicly, it's just a mk1.

·
Registered
813 Posts
have a good look at the fuel tank, filler neck, lines, filters and pump.
if they are in good/usable nick it would still be a good idea to fit an inline filter, crud from the tank block lines and cause ya headaches.
be good to refresh the brakes and gear linkages as well.

good luck with it, nice to see more of these on the road

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Ive one Im breaking here for parts if your short of anything. Look in parts for sale.

·
Bitches be crazy.
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (mercedeslimos @ Apr 24 2011, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>was talking to the previous owner yesterday. he loved that car, will make a great project!

cheers dude. didnt meet Ger but he seemed dead on over the phone.
cant wait to get cracking at it. i'l throw up a build thread once i get stuck in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I cant wait to buy it back when its finished!

QUOTE (mercedeslimos @ Apr 24 2011, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>was talking to the previous owner yesterday. he loved that car, will make a great project!

Yeah Ive had that car for a realy long time, It feels like a failure on my part that I never done anything to it.

·
Sam D
1,707 Posts
QUOTE (Ger @ Apr 24 2011, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I cant wait to buy it back when its finished!

Yeah Ive had that car for a realy long time, It feels like a failure on my part that I never done anything to it.

i feel like that now that my jetta was sold today.

back to six cars now from 8 last week!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.