Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
Best of luck Oisin, nice looking project. Great colour too as Ray mentioned.

Do you want me to delete the lights from post for you?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ Ray : The color was the first thing to catch my eye. It takes from the cars age in a way I think (If that makes any sense!)
@ Mike : Do please thanks Mike
@Ronan : I just hope I can do it justice!

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Damn. I thought i would be the first fast pasadena on here..

Pre 90 spec wiring, are you sure? mine is a 91 and has post 90 spec, hazards on the coulmn and all that AFAIK.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Fair play! Have you got the bad side painted yet or what ya planning? Very solid shell that, Great to see you getting into it. Good luck

Was thinking you were going to put those lexus lights on it for a minute!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks!

Never let it be said, you cant take a gti engine out and put it back in on your own with a trolley jack!

·
i love lamp
3,267 Posts
on the last photo..if that is a bit of the loom which was originally in the car then thats....for the carb heater..i recken...well mine has the same wire

sweet mk2 btw!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Balls! Thanks Ocky, was hoping it was gonna be the cable to connect to the back of the manifold! I was thinking once I had the engine in it would be a skip and a jump.... how wrong I was!

·
its pronounced Conor D........... Ray!!&#
5,614 Posts
looks good oisin. when you hoping to have it done.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im thinking there meant for the fogs from scouting around forums. Thanks ****!

Conord, Im hoping to get it driving for xmas and get the drivers door resprayed soon after. The wiring is all that has to be really looked at now but I only get at it on the weekends so... slow and steady!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just thought Id bump this up before Im off the net for the weekend, see if I can rule out some more of these stray wires.

Im happy to put the two wires on the scuttle tray down to fog lights.

The one behind the manifold like Ocky said is from the 1.3 engine, so what should I do with it? And more importantly, does anyone know where the wire that should connect to the back of the manifold should come from or have a pic of it?

And the two (black and red) connecteors on the chassis leg near the battery? Im sure these are off the 1.3 too but what should I do with them? Im getting confused now because the 1.3 has these wires running to the fusebox, but the gti loom all run to the ecu. I know thats how digifant works but should i just remove the wires or tape them up?

Any help appreciated!

Oisin

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
QUOTE (Oisin @ Nov 14 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just thought Id bump this up before Im off the net for the weekend, see if I can rule out some more of these stray wires.

Im happy to put the two wires on the scuttle tray down to fog lights.

The one behind the manifold like Ocky said is from the 1.3 engine, so what should I do with it? And more importantly, does anyone know where the wire that should connect to the back of the manifold should come from or have a pic of it?

And the two (black and red) connecteors on the chassis leg near the battery? Im sure these are off the 1.3 too but what should I do with them? Im getting confused now because the 1.3 has these wires running to the fusebox, but the gti loom all run to the ecu. I know thats how digifant works but should i just remove the wires or tape them up?

Any help appreciated!

Oisin

On a diesel, that candy coloured wire goes to the glow plug fuse box. I know that cause i forgot to disconnect it when removing an engine on my own with the bobcat..
Cant think what tose other wires do. If i had my car here at the house id check, but alas i cant..

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks all the same ****! The looms are from petrol cars, and Im 99% sure that candy coloured one is from the 90+ Gti one which annoys me!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts