Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Obviously its a GL as the CL of the time was quite a basic car. I recall at the time when I went to buy one it did not even have intermittent wipers as standard and as dull as dishwater to drive.

I agree with Ronan about the back doors - I don't think the modders will be too keen on this one.

·
Registered
254 Posts
QUOTE Love the colour and interior... would be nice slammed on some fat 13's!!

Would be nice bushing a gap somwhere more like......

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE Would be nice bushing a gap somwhere more like......

LOL also, but a bit harsh on the poor 'ol Mk2

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty!
2,931 Posts
It's not harsh, it's a gold 5dr automatic with a brown + beige interior for crying out loud!!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Its not harsh at all!

The only 5 door Mk2 worth saving from the crusher is a Limited........that automatic thing should be either a cheap summer runabout for some visting yank, or left to rot where it is cos it's never going to be cool......

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE It's not harsh, it's a gold 5dr automatic with a brown + beige interior for crying out loud!!!!

You saying you dont like it then?!!

I just think its a bit different

Sounds like you know your stuff when it comes to polishing turds rmn!!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, you either like the Mk2 or would like to burn it.... its that kind of car!

I dont think anyone would turn there nose up at that Mk1, Looks very well from the photos.

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty!
2,931 Posts
That Mk1 is a piece of history. There must have only been a handfull of them registered here in 79. The first one brought in by MDL was in 79 but wasn't registered until 87 so has an 87 D plate. It's rotting away somewhere in south Dublin

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts