Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently bought a mk2 GTi 8v, its late 91 big bumper spec. Lovely little thing, no real problems with her apart from the MFA has just stopped the other day, also the speedo stopped, rev meter and mileometer (is that correct??)

I heard that this was a common problem with a Voltage Regulator on the back of the dials.

Has anyone had any previous experience with this problema adn if so could they point me in the right direction or to someone who could repair it for me.

Thanks a mill

some great advice on the forums

Cheers

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
its prob the motormeter clocks that you have? they were known to give probloms as you describe, they are repairable in most cases afaik, i think autowerks in cork can repair them or else try to find a vdo set.

being a 91 they should be the single plug type . hope this helps...

your speedo should still be working though as its cable operated?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Ciaran MK1 @ Apr 20 2011, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>have you checked the fuses??

yea I checked the fuses, everything has stopped on the panel bar the Fuel gauge!

Havent had any time to look at it recently, Ill have a look at the speedo cable this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.